“Nice sized portions”

Tapas De Espana
Ranked #12 of 93 Restaurants in North Bergen
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Nice sized portions”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I thought the food was pretty decent. Very nice sized portions. Would be a great place to go with a lot of people and share like we did. Only don't order as much as you think since portions are so big. I ordered Tres Leches for dessert and that was a disappointment. Having been to real Tapas places in Spain this does not compare. But an okay Americanized version. Its a very busy place.

• Visited February 2013

New York City, New York
“Ok”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Place is Ok food is Ok , bar is just nuts, not bad to go get a Tapa and a drink thats about it .Not a place for a nice relaxing meal to much noise at the bar and the places main focus is there bar crowed also no parking.

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“The food is not great”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have visited Tapas de Espana three times and I have been disappointed time after time. If you like, good service, fresh ingredients, good tasty food, and a relaxed environment avoid this restaurant. The background music is in complete opposite to what it seems the restaurant tries to accomplish. The decoration of reds, dim lights and candles does not go along with the horrible, loud and disturbing music they play on the background. The service is bad, once I had three different waiters attending my table and all of them had bad memory and kept asking same questions, including bringing out cold food. The tapas are not good, I have yet to try a good tapa restaurant in north bergen, I always end up in Newark or Manhattan for good Spanish food.Save your time and money don't go...the sangria is horrible, but I guess if you go for a glass of wine and to mingle you can bear.

• Visited March 2013
San Diego, California
“Great tapas and varied menu, avoid going between 8-10 pm”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

After searching for various options to eat, my friend and I decided to go to this place for the first time. Ambiance seemed great when we got in, although too crowded. The hostess told us that the waiting time was about 45 mins, so we decided to walk around on the street to kill time. Luckily for us that they were looking for us when we got back. I would say it was worth waiting, as the food was pretty good. They also have live Spanish music late at night, so make sure you become a "Spaniard" and have a late dinner to avoid the crowd as much as possible, yet enjoy the music!

• Visited December 2012
River Edge, New Jersey
“A friendly local restaurant”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Tapas de Espana is a wonderful Spanish restaurant that I've enjoyed twice. The clams in Creole sauce should not be missed. We also enjoyed tender beef tips in a delicately spiced sauce and the fresh "potato chips" are light - not greasy - and a fun way to begin dinner.

• Visited November 2012