Quality Suites
$178
$110
$108
HIExpress.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites North Bergen(North Bergen)(Great Value!)
$149
$180
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$138
All reviewsnew york citythe buspark and ridewaffleslincoln tunneltimes squarehot itemssofa bedshuttle serviceinto nyccold cerealwaffle makerparking lothousekeeping staffbeds were comfortablethe hotel offersround trip per person
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I usually stay at Wyndham Resorts, & this place was DEFINITELY not even close to what im used to. We stayed at the comfort suites north Bergen from september 7-11. The hotel is literally right off the free way. If you look out the window you're view is a bunch of trucks and trailers. Not a pretty view. There is a restaraunt attached to the hotel but the price ranges from 25-100$. Not worth it. It's about 15 mins from New York but the shuttle charges 12$ per person per day. It is probably cheaper to just stay in the city since you have to pay extra to get in there. The men who drive the shuttle dont really understand english and it takes about 45 mins to board the shuttle and pay sonce they do not understand what tou are saying. we had alot of problems with the ahuttle. They do have complimentary "breakfast" but it's only cereal, bagels, waffles and juice. The front desk is nice but they kept deactivating our room keys because they thought we were checking out. They did that at least twice, which I don't understand. They should have waited until we said we were checking out to do that. It was inconvenient especially since the elevator was so slow. The rooms were okay. They were pretty clean. The wall paper was starting to fall and the wall had scratches on it. But Overall It was average. Close to the city, but could be better.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We checked in around 12:00 pm. We booked a suite with 2 queen beds. We were in room 207. the thing that was different was 2nd floor had a balcony that over looked the lobby. when we checked in I felt like a nice shower. But then I noticed mold and cracks on the shower. Plus the shower curtain was very short. Then little did I notice the pile of vomit in front of the couch. We called house keeping but they said that wasnt there. Then I went to go get some Ice. Ice machine was on floors 1, 3, and 5. What a crock of poo. they should be on every floor. The I get ice and I also didnt notice 2 small, thin, pieces of hair on it. Then we decided to cancel the secon night. The lady at the desk said she didnt feel like it. Now please note that we are choice hotel people and we never been treated this way before. Thank God we cancelled. the next hotel was the comfort inn in sayre pa. The other one I wrote a Good reveiw about. But anyways, the only thing I liked was the breakfat and that is it. We almost wanted to go to the Howard Johnsons next door. Oh and dont open the bed in the couch, for it is all black and moldy.

Room Tip: Go to the Howard Johnsons next door
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Cameron M
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a good place to stay if you don't want to pay the high NY prices. Don't expect a suite with a kitchenette. We were given the room with a king bed and a pullout bed. The rooms were ok although I suggest vacuuming of the carpet. Beddings were very clean. If you brought your car with you, you have two options on going to Manhattan - shuttle or Park and Ride. Breakfast was filling and the staff were really very nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AngRachel
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Booked this hotel as didn't want to pay New York prices. Reception courteous on arrival & quickly shown our suites. However our room had a terrible smell , noisy air conditioning & obviously the room had not been cleaned properly as we found an empty soft drinks bottle behind the curtain & dirty windows. Plus side a very clean bathroom & lots of fluffy white towels, large comfy bed but pull out bed not so comfy & carpet would benefit from a shampoo & marks on the upholstered stool top. Really could not put up with the smell ( a bit like my grandaughter's hampster cage ) so complained to the manager. He checked it out straight away after a little prompting & although he said he could not smell it , we were backed up by our friends who were staying down the corridor. Despite this he immediately had the room sprayed & cleaned saying he would take it up with the cleaners. He also offered to change our room the next day as the hotel was full that night. However his attentions seemed to solve the matter & we decided not to change rooms as we only had a two night stay. Inclusive breakfast very good. Also be aware that the shuttle bus we caught into the City was booked to pick us up at 8pm but did not turn up till 9pm, however this was not fault of our hotel as it was not run by them. To summarise I think that this Hotel was very good value for money despite the problems , so don't expect 5* when are only paying for 2/3*.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My 2 granddaughters and I just spent the night here while visiting NYC. Check in was very easy. Room was clean, the linens were very nice. The bathroom was very clean. The Internet was a bit intermittent but worked for the most part. The staff was friendly.

I would recommend for the breakfast to have scrambled eggs along with the hardboiled eggs.

The only difficult part was getting back into the parking lot if by chance you drove past. You had to go all the way down the highway then make a u turn and go all the way back up to well past the hotel entrance before you could make another u turn due to the fact there is no openings in the road divider to make a left turn.

It was a good value for the price

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family