“The room was comfortable and the bed was soooo soft.The breakfast area was very crowded to sit in. Also close to nyc.”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in North Bergen
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The room was comfortable despite being located in an Industrial area. Bring your own snacks and beverages to save money. The breakfast was hearty but the seating area was too crowded with families. But overall a good place to stay right outside the city.

Room Tip: The hotel is located in somewhat of an industrial area so there aren't many places to walk.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sweets89

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed there for 2 nights in november last year. It was bad weather :) but the atmosphere in the hotel the service, the food was really good. The rooms are clean and nice. Nice located place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lisbeth K
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stay in this hotel 2-3 times a year when I am coming in New York for a business.
The access is easy; the parking is free. To go to NY it takes only 2 minutes to Park'n Ride and then no more than 10 minutes to Port Authority.
The check in and check out process are very fast.
The rooms are spacious and in good condition. Try to avoid 408 (air conditioning intake is close to the bed and noisy).
The HOT breakfast is good. The hot items are rotating in 3 days.
Unfortunately, the price is going up every year, but it is still affordable for a business

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank miccanada1
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I am familiar with the area as I had previous stayed at a nearby hotel which I will never stay at again. I chose Comfort Suites because I would be in New York for 4 days and I wanted to do some shopping, see relatives in Brooklyn and most of all see "Porgy and Bess" at the Richard Rodgers Theatre. I have a daughter in a wheelchair so I had to take time to plan well. I drove from Michigan to New York, and had access to my own vehicle so I did not use the shuttle service. Access to Manhattan was very close and I did not mind paying the $12.00 for the Tunnel Toll, also I found a parking garage a block away from the theatre which was $27.00 with a coupon I had printed. ( I have since located the site www.parkwhiz.com which has even lower parking rates.

Now for my actual stay at the Hotel, the front desk staff were very warm, welcoming and friendly. I had a room located on the front so I was able to look out and see my vehicle. The breakfast each morning was great, and the host made sure that items were replaced without being asked. (The breakfast meat was sausage links, bacon, and sliced ham. There was plenty of fresh fruit, yogurt, toast, bagels, danishes, cold cereal, juices and coffee. (Of course I enjoyed making waffles each morning ~ blueberry and strawberry )

The room we had was very accommodating, two queen beds and a sofa sleeper. My daughter slept on the sofa sleeper because the bed was too high for her to get into. (I did not think at the time to see if they had a step stool and she could have stepped up to get into the bed). The room also had the microwave and refrigerator. The air conditioner was unplugged and I noticed the electrical tape on it, so I did not plug it in. (The room was okay). The next morning while we were out the cleaning staff plugged in the air conditioner and we almost froze. The room was clean and I am planning on returning to New York to see "A Streetcar Named Desire" and "Clybourne Park", and of course I will not look for another hotel. I plan on keeping Comfort Suites as my New York Hotel as it is close to shopping, the theatre district and my Brooklyn relatives.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank sigmastar
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Great place to stay for a New York shopping and sightseeing trip!! Located about 10 minutes from Manhattan via shuttle. If you don't want the cost of daily parking in New York, this is the best solution. About $15 per day for the shuttle to pick you up in the morning, take you to 41st & 7th St, just off 7th & Broadway & it will be back at the same place in the evening to take you back to the hotel!! Hotel is nice, comfortable, quiet, good breakfast & reasonable price. Front desk personnel was very friendly & helpful. Room safe, fridge & microwave in the room & they have WiFi. When I go back to New York in October 2012, this is where I'll be staying again!!!

Room Tip: Third floor room facing the north were great! No road traffic noise or hallway noise. Fairly large...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Barbarasbeamer
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is my second time reviewing this hotel and my fifth time staying here.
Believe me, I did NOT want to stay here. We were only in town for one evening and I could afford to splurge on a hotel in the city.
However as the price went up on NYC hotel rooms, the amenities dropped and it just didn't make sense to spend double on a tinyhotel room that didn't suit my needs. The biggest deal breaker was the offsite, no readmit $40 per day parking. Having to lug my children and all of their stuff five blocks twice in 2 days made no sense.
In the end, I am so happy that we chose to stay at Comfort Suites again.
The room was spacious and very clean. We had a King suite with a pull out sofa bed and there was way more room than we needed.The standard microwave and mini fridge in every room meant that we could get back to the hotel early and heat up our leftover lunches (saved us $$ on dinner). I also never noticed how many kids channels the flat screen HDTV had before: ABC family, HBO family, Nick, & Disney to start. Free HBO.
Free WiFi took a couple of tries, but as soon as Iogged in it was effortless and superfast.
I got a WONDERFUL night's sleep. The bed was comfy and the comforter clean. The pillows were firm yet plush. I really appreciated that after driving four hours and walking around NYC for 6 hours.

As usual the breakfast was as good as you can possibly get for FREE breakfast for your whole family. There were scrambled eggs and bacon and different flavored waffle batter for the waffle machine along with your standard pastries, bread, yogurt, etc.What I really liked was that the coffee choices were regular, decaf, a flavored, and a DARK roast. You don't usually see that. There were also several choices of creamer. The breakfast attendant stocked breakfast well past 10am.
My only gripe was that there was only one high chair and there were several other families there with infants. They could stand to invest in extra high chairs.

Customer Service was a little bit better than the previous time that I stayed which is why they are receiving a four stars this time, but four is not five.
They aren't outright rude, just cold. As though they don't need my business. It's just like it physically pains them to smile. Check in was swift, but when I went down to ask a question about parking I waited at the front desk for 10 minutes and no one came to greet me. Eventually I went back up to my room to call. My room happened to face the restaurant and NOT the parking lot and with the area being notorius for break-ins, I asked if I could park in the restaurant's parking lot(which is adjacent to the hotel) so that I could keep an eye on my car. The man did not give me an answer. He paused and said," I don't know, that's a decision you need to make on your own. You have to be prepared if they tow you." Really? I would have thought that I wouldn't have been the first person to inquire about this.
All in all I will definitely stay here again and continue to recommend it to families on a budget.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the parking lot so that you can keep an eye on our car.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank exo7dust
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Great option for business trip or romantic getaway... Very nice and clean room - free parking - great Argentina restaurant next door - great wifi Internet - hd tv in room - laundry facilities - nice fitness center - good complimentary breakfast!

• Stayed: March 2012
Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands
Meadowlands River Inn
Meadowlands River Inn
#2 of 15 in Secaucus

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!