“Fun place, good food and an amazing value.”

Rumba Cubana Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 94 Restaurants in North Bergen
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Leonia, NJ
“Fun place, good food and an amazing value.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Friends of Cuban descent brought us to this very popular Cuban restaurant which just opened a second location due to its popularity. This was the original restaurant. The small restaurant was packed and bustling with an assortment of friendly people. There was live music and since we had reservations, we didn't have to wait. We started off with assorted appetizers and a pitcher of great Sangria. The pitchers are so generously sized that the table next to us offered us their Sangria because they couldn't finish it. We declined because we were in the same position. The waiter brought these wafer-like crackers with a spread that was spicy and delicious. I decided to order a traditional Cuban dish so I had the roast pork which was fabulous. Others in our party ordered grilled fish, steak, shrimp, and shredded beef and everyone loved their meals. The only issue I had with my meal was that the vegetables tasted like they had been frozen, not fresh, although the plantains were perfect. We ended with a wonderful Tres Leches cake and capuccino. The main courses were incredibly priced and ample portions so that I had what I couldn't finish wrapped to take homeI would definitely go back but reservations are a must! Street parking only so allow time to find a spot.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank CyprusMama

Bergen County
“Delicious - prepared just like grandma's”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Being Cuban means I'm very particular about my Cuban food but Rumba does it right. From the bocadito spread on the table to their flan, all of it pleases the senses. You need reservations since its a small place and tends to fill up on Friday and Saturday evenings. Highly recommend it for flavorful night out. They have a small bar in the back. They make good mojitos and sangria. Overall a very good value you money. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank kmq2000
“Blink...your in CUBA”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

As I am not Cuban, I was introduced to Rumba by my Cuban friends who swear by it.
What an amazing find!! I have been to many Cuban restaurants but this is hands down the most authentic; not only by there food and decor but there staff is literally right off the boat!! No Pun intended! I have never left there unsatisfied, in fact the first time I ate there I actually oooh'd and ahhhh'd out loud!! The prices do not match the quality and portions of the food....You are paying so little for such a big helping! If you are a lover of Cuban food you must visit, they also now have another location on Tonnelle Avenue.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Melissa1967
Pomona, New York
“Absolutely Delicious!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My family and I went to Rumba Cubana on 2/13/13 all the foods we ordered was absolutely delicious. Big portions at a reasonable price. My daughter ordered the pork chop, she didn't like it because it was not tender. The waiter was so polite to take it back and have her ordered something else. She ordered the chicken which was very tasty. I had the fish, never tasted fish outside my home that is so flavorful. So when I want good Cuban food, I'll definitely take the drive to North Bergen to Rumba Cubana.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sandra_V25
North Bergen, New Jersey
“Never had a bad dish”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Rumba is a great place to eat. Food is delicious and very affordable. I have had a huge variety from the menu and have never had a bad dish. I have recently been to the new location on Tonnelle Ave in North Bergen and love it. So happy its close to home!

Visited January 2013