Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in North Bergen
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here as part of a New York City trip...Nice because its a few miles from the city and they offer a shuttle to and from the city for a small fee..I was very happy with service and the room itself..Will definately stay there again if and when we go back to New York!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian W
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. I am happy to learn that you were very satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service. We take all reviews from our esteemed guests very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel has a policy, so I was told by the receptionist, that Holiday Express expect their doors to the rooms to slam behind them as their patrons are in such a rush they can be halfway down the corridor as the room door shuts so they need to hear the SLAM to know it's closed behind them!!!!!!!!!!! Then they know their door is closed & their valuables safe!(NO safe in the rooms though) Apparently they are checked on this noise, never mind the guest trying to sleep.
The daily shuttle is limited in it's service, the earliest it returns is 8:30pm (back at hotel approx) so you are rushed to freshen up to go for dinner at The Nile Restaurant next to the hotel.
The breakfast is excellent & the lady in charge is a treasure & wonderful at her job.
Holiday Express should want their guests to sleep well at night surely.
By the way the first thing the receptionist say is "please give us a 10 rating on trip advisor"
I would say to them if the mark was for you all personally I would not hesitate to give each of you a 10 but I want to sleep in peace at night & a shuttle bus should run throughout the day hourly so I'm afraid as the mark includes this I cannot give a 10.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cowperstowe

Thank you for leaving us such a candid review. We are pleased you liked the location of our hotel and our friendly staff coupled with other amenities. We are deeply sorry that you felt uncomfortable with the noise due to the slamming of the doors in some of the rooms on your floor during your stay. I do apologize for discomfort and inconvenience you might have experienced due to problems related to the unwanted noise that must have disrupted your sleep. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve. I assure you, the concerns will duly be forwarded to the appropriate department, and we are going to necessitate remedial action at the earliest.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay/many more future stays more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask. We will be willing and eagerly waiting to host you in the near future with utmost pleasure and sheer aplomb. It will be our utmost pleasure to render you our hospitality services each and every time you around the area or in the vicinity.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was there on a business trip and I had such a nice time at this hotel it's close to everything I wanted to see or go to. The management wear great and helpful with a nice smile. It had one of the beast and qualified women GM and very frindly.The hotel has a good size and clean rooms and bathes with all amenities’, I had everything I hoped for and I will go back when I'm in that area

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unite noise
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I am pleased you had a good experience at check in. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff.

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I'm pleased to hear you like your room accommodation, amenities and felt you received a good value for your stay. Again we thank you for your review as we believe that we can only improve and enhance our services through our guests' feedback, and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express. My main reasons for even picking this hotel was 1. Large Double Bed Room with a Sofa Bed (2 adults & 4 kids) Fridge and Microwave also 2. Free Breakfast 3. Offer Daily Shuttle to New York 4. Free Parking 5. Swimming Pool - Everything needed for a vacationing family. The staff was great. The shuttle was fabulous. We left everday between 10-11 and were picked up in New York City at 8 PM. Perfect amount of time spent there with little kids. The outdoor pool was nice for the kids. The room was big enough for 6 of us. The staff helped with ordering food in. My husband and I enjoyed a drink at the restuarant/bar next door. The breakfast was very good. One of the best we saw on our trip. I only wish they had laundry facilities. We did however find 24 hr laundry less than 7 minutes away. There is also a McDonalds, Toys R Us, Old Navy and other shops close. Next time we'll likely stay in Manhattan, but for a family , this place was perfect.

Room Tip: Book the suite for large families or added space.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Mommag04

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. . I am pleased you had a good experience at check in. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

As others have noted, this hotel is in NJ, but very close to the city. I had business close by, so I did not take advantage of the shuttles or transit.

The good: The hotel staff were exceedingly helpful and accommodating. They were very attentive and pleasant. There is free parking. And, of course, proximity to the city. Free breakfast was the usual fare, and not bad.

The bad: The place is a little run down. It's not in the nicest of areas, and the roads around there (well, everywhere within 20 miles) are a pain. My room was not particularly clean (dirty corners, water spots, hand prints on the head boards...)

All said, I'll probably stay here again next time I'm in the area, just because I found the staff so friendly.

Room Tip: Most of the parking is in the back of the hotel, and is accessed from the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I'm pleased to hear you like our room accommodation, amenities and felt you received a good value for your stay Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I also do apologize for any inconvenience that was caused to you regarding your commute in and out of our property. We are sorry about the fact that your commute to and fro from the city to our property as gruesome and less than satisfactory. Also, your comment regarding the overall look of our hotel will not go unnoticed. Your valuable suggestions will indeed be forwarded to the respective departments in order to initiate the regular course of action.

Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I sincerely and earnestly do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel has been a great hotel. It was very close to New York and it had shuttle service from the hotel to Times Square usually every hour. Since Lincoln Tunnel is crowded everyday with vehicles, using the shuttle service was a smart choice. The complimentary breakfast was not bad either, when this hotel is an economy hotel. There were few downsides though, one big one being the super small sized rooms. The room was small like the hotel rooms in Japan. It was tiny and with the luggage on the floor, I didn't have any room to move around. The views, well as expected, were not good, but I had the curtains shaded during my visit so it was okay. Overall, this is a good hotel for people who need good transportation to New York and only going to sleep and eat breakfast in the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. I am happy to learn that you were very satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service. We take all reviews from our esteemed guests very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel again for your future stay because your loyalty towards us by choosing our property time and again whenever you are in the area would actually reflect our true standards. We would love to see you as our regular guest and eagerly waiting to serve you again with yet another memorable experience .

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed 1 night. hotel is old and there is bad odour in the hallways and worst in the room. worst night i had on this trip.
area is also not the best. hotel needs renovation urgently. they provide free parking. if not these 2 compliments (1- staff at breakfast was very nice and helpful. 2- the water pressure was stronger than most hotels ive stayed at) my rating would have been lower.
breakfast was nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for being a Priority Club Member. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused to you whatsoever during the length of your stay. We sincerely and deeply regret it from the core bottom of our heart.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Bergen
#3 of 9 in North Bergen
Fairfield Inn & Suites North Bergen
Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands
Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel? Share your experiences!