“Sure beats Manhattan pricing”

Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in North Bergen
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Clean rooms and bathrooms. Friendly and problem free check-in, even got bottles of water and snacks although the kids didn't like the snacks.
Breakfast was not very good; I would give it about 2 stars. Pre-made omelettes where rubbery and reminded me of frozen fast food, the bacon was paper thin and fell apart before you could get it to your mouth and the rolls were hard as rocks. The manager tried to make small talk and I told her that we had been to NYC several times and she insisted on telling me about things to do. I finally asked her a question, which she got wrong, hoping she would go away and let me finish eating my miserable breakfast but no such luck.

• Stayed: May 2013
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to know that you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities are superior and the best in the area. I am pleased you had a good experience at check in. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our helpful and friendly staff.

I am sorry that you did not find the breakfast to your liking. It seems you felt there is a lot to be desired, as far the quality and the choices pertaining to the breakfast go. I promise you that your invaluable comments and suggestions will definitely be forwarded to the appropriate department, in order for corrective measures to be put in place with immediate effect. I I'm pleased to hear you like your room accommodation, amenities and felt you received a good value for your stay. Again we thank you for your review as we believe that we can only improve and enhance our services through our guests' feedback, and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had a horrible experience checking in with what I thought was just an employee come to find out it was the asst. general manager. She was rude and uprofessional! The next day when I called the General manager all the employees were screening his phone calls asking for my name and when I gave them my name they said he wasn't in. I asked for his voicemail but they kept hanging up on me. I finally got thru only to get his voicemail with no call back. This hotel is run by rude management who are cheap and decietful don't stay here buyer be wear. This hotel will be out of business or turned into a no name hotel within a year!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Elle3125
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you found our hotel average and the service was less than excellent. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept my sincerest apology if the services you received were not at par with your expectations. I earnestly do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you at check-in, and assure you that remedial action will be necessitated at the earliest. It sounds like we fell well below your expectations. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. I promise you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

As a first time visitor to New York, it was important to me that I found a place to stay that would not spring any unpleasant money surprises. As you know, tourists have to be able to budget to the closest dollar and any additional unplanned expenditure can throw your holiday totally off balance. You can imagine how long it took me to read reviews of all the hotels reviewed on this site...and I'm proud to say that this holiday inn hotel exceeded my expectations! From the extremely helpful front desk staff to unbeatable attention throughout my one week stay, from the ease of getting to New York for my tour to the jersey garden mall...this is the hotel to stay. And at the price per night, it is worth every dime. Huge room, gym, quiet environment (perfect for safe walks), great bathroom, work table, unfailing housekeeping and ease of ordering food...a travelers favorite. I could go on but you do get the point. Do yourself a Favour...stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. I am pleased you had a good experience at check in. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed here due to the proximity to New York City. I am HIGHLY disappointed by the half sized room I was put into. The shower was tiny and had used products in it. The bed linens had stains all over and so did the small chair and leg rest. The room had an awful smell when we first entered and we ended up purchasing air freshener to rid the room of this horrible smell. Do NOT stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Elizabeth P

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience regarding your recent stay with us. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the staff service received and problems with the bathroom facilities.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is clean and rooms are a good size. Beds are comfortable. Breakfast is good with a good choice of hot and cold foods. There is no Bar in this Hotel which was disappointing, there is a Restaurant next door so you can go there and have a drink if required. The Hotel provides a Shuttle Bus Service into NYC which is reasonably priced and has good schedule of times. There is a pool at this Hotel which is nice but did not get to use. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JOMCIreland

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. I am happy to learn that you were very satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service. We take all reviews from our esteemed guests very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

I am delighted to learn that that you were impressed with our high quality breakfast. Moreover, it gives me immense pleasure to know that that the shuttle service worked out so well for you, and so did the location of our property, as you found it so very convenient and in in proximity as far as travelling to New York City was concerned.We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel again for your future stay because your loyalty towards us by choosing our property time and again whenever you are in the area would actually reflect our true standards.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I am a very frequent traveler and I often choose to stay at Holiday Inn Express locations. This location was unimpressive. The service at the front desk was slow. There were costumers coming in to book the hotel by the hour as I was checking in. You could tell by the reactions of the front desk staff that this was a frequent or regular occurrence. Once in my room, there were stains on the furniture. People were loud and congregating in the hallways late into the evening. It was a disappointing visit compared to most of my other Holiday Inn experiences.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for your feedback .Pl accept our deep and sincere apology for the annoyance that you might have suffered during your recent stay with us .I am truly sorry that your recent experience does not reflect the standard and quality of service we provide to our guest , However we do take our guest's comments and suggestions positively as it helps us to improve the target areas to train our staff as we aim to deliver the flawless professional services . I assure you that we will do the best to avoid the repeat of what happened , I certainly would love to have an opertunity to make this up to you .Pl feel free to contact me .Thank you again and we look forward to serve you in future with your travel needs .

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had a convention to attend at nearby Harmon Meadows and chose this property over the Holiday Inn on-site because it would save about $40 for a mile of driving. The location is truly VERY close to the Lincoln Tunnel, so I was not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. The service was excellent, with all staff I encountered being very, very hospitable. My room was spotless and very comfortable. The location was very convenient to my business needs, and if I need to stay close to NYC, I will absolutely consider staying here in the future. My daily meetings ended late, so I wondered if there would be adequate parking, and each night I was pleased to find I was able to find parking.The cons? First, the fitness room was barely more than a closet. I try hard to fit a workout in daily when I am on the road, and, while I managed to do so here, it was teeny tiny. Second, and perhaps more important, I have a couple of concerns about security. First, after 9:00 PM, I was able to enter the back door to the facility without my key card. This was troubling. Second, When I returned from a morning meeting in the early afternoon, I got to my room and found the security bar was extended to prop my door open. I thought this might mean the housekeeping staff was working in my room, but the room was empty and cleaning was finished. This is a significant security concern. If this is standard practice at the hotel, it should change immediately. Will I stay here again? Probably, but I will definitely ask about security before I return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I'm pleased to hear you like your room accommodation, amenities and felt you received a good value for your stay. Again we thank you for your review as we believe that we can only improve and enhance our services through our guests' feedback, and look forward to hearing back from you soon. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around.We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff. Once again we do appreciate your stay and would love to have a pleasure of seeing you again on your next trip to our city .

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Bergen
#3 of 9 in North Bergen
Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands
Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel? Share your experiences!