Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in North Bergen
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay with my husband and two kids. My husband is a Platinum member and he was treated as such! The hotel is very clean, the rooms were spotless, and the staff very friendly and accommodating. The proximity to NYC is amazing! There is a shuttle that leaves directly from the hotel and drops you right in Times Square. At night, the shuttle picks you up and brings you to the front door! It s not free however, as some other people have stated. It costs $4.50 per person each way. It is so worth it though! Free breakfast at the hotel was very good, especially the tea biscuits! My only room tip would be to ask for a room that is in the back, as it was very noisy on the street side. We had a problem with the Internet the entire stay, but the manager did everything to resolve the problem! Great stay! We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

I would like to extend my sincere thanks for having chosen Holiday inn express North Bergen for your recent stay and leaving us such a delightful review . It was indeed our privilege to serve a platinum member like you . We are so proud to have you as our guest .we apologize for little inconvenience that might have caused you due to Internet but I m glad that the Management and HIEX staff made your recent stay a most exceptional . We would love to see you as our regular guest and eagerly waiting to serve you again with most memorable experience . Thank you again for your continuous loyalty to our brand and hope you continue using Ihg hotels for your future travel needs.We look forward to see you soon .

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Why pay 250 for a place in NYC plus 45 for parking and no breakfast when you can pay 125 at this hotel with free parking and simple breakfast. it was literally 15 minutes into NYC during non rush hour. The location is on a busy road, but it is safe and it is quiet inside.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank billonvacationnow

Thank you for taking time out to write such a nice review . We are happy to hear that we were at your satisfaction during your recent stay with us . Our well trained friendly staff made it comfortable and enjoyable for you .we strive to provide our guests with best attentive services at a value conscious price. And I am glad that we are successful in our efforts to make you most happy .
We expect your future stay at our property will be your wonderful recall.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

What a pleasant surprise !! The hotel was well beyond expectations having stayed with groups at other hotels in the immediate area. I can not compliment managemant and staff enough for going above and beyond to ensure my groups stay was a positive one and problem free. Truely a expectional stay for both nights. I highly reccommend a stay here for anyone while in the area. I stay over 200 nights in hotels a year and this hotel will always be my FIRST choice in NYC area.. Thank-you for a job well done to all..... Barney Bus

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Express North Bergen. We are located right outside of the city; it’s nice to see you were able to take advantage of the many different transportation outlets in the area.

I am very happy to learn that you found our staff to be very friendly and help and your room to be tidy and clean. We pride ourselves in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable during their stay. I will definitely be passing on the kind words to our staff.

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed your room accommodations as well as the location of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend with the family. The property is amazingly close to NYC access and a shuttle services the hotel guests(although not affiliated to the hotel) for regular service to Times Square and back. The person who took my reservations was super friendly and a great rate with CAA....even included buffet breakfast....for my family of 5, that alone was worth $50-$75 a day! The hotel was wonderfully clean and appeared recently renovated. I can rarely say that a hotel bed was more comfortable than my own bed at home....perhaps it was a factor of how exhausted we were after 12 hours of sightseeing each day for a few days, but still extremely comfy. The room was quiet, except of course for the usual inconsiderate other guests who slam doors at all hours. The staff and management of this property were extremely attentive, offering all kinds of helpful tourist advice and really bending over backwards to help make the most of our sightseeing. I cannot say enough about how friendly and nice they were. My only complaint, and I'm sure if I had actually made this complaint to them they would have addressed it, was that the shower water temperature had some sort of limiter on it so I had minimally warm shower water only. Would highly recommend this property to anyone who wants a great value for visiting NYC.

Room Tip: Second floor might be preferred as it was ground level access to rear parking lot and vending.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. . I am pleased you had a good experience at check in. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. . We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff.

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I'm pleased to hear you like your room accommodation, amenities and felt you received a good value for your stay. Again we thank you for your review as we believe that we can only improve and enhance our services through our guests' feedback, and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in North Bergen on Feb. 28, 2013. I was in town for business and didn't want to make a late night drive back home. Once I got to the hotel, the staff was friendly and made sure I would have nothing to worry about during my stay. The room I stayed in was nice, spacious and clean. I didn't have time to stay for breakfast in the morning, but the spread looked pretty good. Next time, I'll plan on taking advantage of this benefit!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The rooms are awesome!!! Clean and big. The staff is very good and helpful. The breakfast room is great. The only bad think to say about this hotel is the internet does not work unless you are downstair!!!

1  Thank Stephan T

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I particularly like this hotel because its close to the city and the staff was really friendly so that was just an added bonus. I would recommend this hotel to anyone else looking for a hotel in the region.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Bergen
#3 of 9 in North Bergen
Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands
Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel? Share your experiences!