“HS Sr Class Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in North Bergen
Ozark, Alabama
“HS Sr Class Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

What a pleasant surprise !! The hotel was well beyond expectations having stayed with groups at other hotels in the immediate area. I can not compliment managemant and staff enough for going above and beyond to ensure my groups stay was a positive one and problem free. Truely a expectional stay for both nights. I highly reccommend a stay here for anyone while in the area. I stay over 200 nights in hotels a year and this hotel will always be my FIRST choice in NYC area.. Thank-you for a job well done to all..... Barney Bus

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Express North Bergen. We are located right outside of the city; it’s nice to see you were able to take advantage of the many different transportation outlets in the area.

I am very happy to learn that you found our staff to be very friendly and help and your room to be tidy and clean. We pride ourselves in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable during their stay. I will definitely be passing on the kind words to our staff.

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed your room accommodations as well as the location of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend with the family. The property is amazingly close to NYC access and a shuttle services the hotel guests(although not affiliated to the hotel) for regular service to Times Square and back. The person who took my reservations was super friendly and a great rate with CAA....even included buffet breakfast....for my family of 5, that alone was worth $50-$75 a day! The hotel was wonderfully clean and appeared recently renovated. I can rarely say that a hotel bed was more comfortable than my own bed at home....perhaps it was a factor of how exhausted we were after 12 hours of sightseeing each day for a few days, but still extremely comfy. The room was quiet, except of course for the usual inconsiderate other guests who slam doors at all hours. The staff and management of this property were extremely attentive, offering all kinds of helpful tourist advice and really bending over backwards to help make the most of our sightseeing. I cannot say enough about how friendly and nice they were. My only complaint, and I'm sure if I had actually made this complaint to them they would have addressed it, was that the shower water temperature had some sort of limiter on it so I had minimally warm shower water only. Would highly recommend this property to anyone who wants a great value for visiting NYC.

Room Tip: Second floor might be preferred as it was ground level access to rear parking lot and vending.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. . I am pleased you had a good experience at check in. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. . We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff.

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I'm pleased to hear you like your room accommodation, amenities and felt you received a good value for your stay. Again we thank you for your review as we believe that we can only improve and enhance our services through our guests' feedback, and look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Andover, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in North Bergen on Feb. 28, 2013. I was in town for business and didn't want to make a late night drive back home. Once I got to the hotel, the staff was friendly and made sure I would have nothing to worry about during my stay. The room I stayed in was nice, spacious and clean. I didn't have time to stay for breakfast in the morning, but the spread looked pretty good. Next time, I'll plan on taking advantage of this benefit!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

The rooms are awesome!!! Clean and big. The staff is very good and helpful. The breakfast room is great. The only bad think to say about this hotel is the internet does not work unless you are downstair!!!

1 Thank Stephan T

Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I particularly like this hotel because its close to the city and the staff was really friendly so that was just an added bonus. I would recommend this hotel to anyone else looking for a hotel in the region.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Im a priority club member and usually stay at a holiday inn express for their comfort. This particular HIE really is showing its age. The hallways and the rooms need a little updating. Out of the different choices, I chose HIE but was a bit disappointed.

Also my wife and I were traveling from south jersey to upstate ny about 2 1/2 hours from north Bergen. She got sick on the way up. We decided to pull over and get a room. It was about 1:30 am. Was told check out was 10 am. The night mgr. Moved it to 12 pm. Just felt we could of had more time for check out being that we checked in at 1:30 and I explained to the mgr. That my wife felt sick. Ended up being food poison. So we paid 149 dollars to sleep till 12. Even though she was up sick in the restroom till 5 am.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for being a Priority Club Member. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused to you whatsoever during the length of your stay. We sincerely and deeply regret it from the core bottom of our heart.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We've stayed in NJ hotels close to NYC before and this one was by far the best. The hotel was renovated, staff attentive and the proximity to the Lincoln Tunnel was great. The first room we were provided had an odour which the staff was likely aware of since they called minutes after we got the key to verify if everything was all right. When we mentioned the problem they did not hesitate to switch our room and upgraded us to an executive suite. The shuttle service was also easy and reliable. The breakfast served a good variety and staff was very attentive and accommodating. Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. I am happy to learn that you were very satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service. We take all reviews from our esteemed guests very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel again for your future stay because your loyalty towards us by choosing our property time and again whenever you are in the area would actually reflect our true standards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Bergen
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands
BEST WESTERN PREMIER NYC Gateway Hotel
Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel? Share your experiences!