Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in North Bergen
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Good hotel”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel is really good, I was looking at other reviews and was thinking on not booking it, But i did and i dont regret it. The hotel was very clean the staff members are very good too. The breakfast is excellent. I stay for 4 days and love it everything was very clean and good service. The location is excellent only 3 mile from time square just cross the lincoln tunnel. There is a lot of parking spaces which i was worried about and is also free parking.And the best part is the price.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dayr123
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed your room accommodations as well as the location of our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
Southwest Harbor, Maine
Reviewed December 14, 2012

With this property I think it is just easier to provide a pros and cons list and the reader can sort it out.
PRO.......the mattress is AMAZING (probably one of the best I have ever slept on in a hotel), continental breakfast included with room rate (scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt choices, fresh fruit, bread and bagels for toasting, pancakes, waffles, coffee, juices), very friendly & attentive breakfast staff (nothing was ever empty during my stay and tables were clean), shuttle bus to/from NYC (please note there is a negative to this service though as well; see CON list), quiet room (not paper thin walls), and free parking.
CONS......at check in the front desk clerk said our room number aloud no less than 5 times (so much for safety and security), the front desk never told us about the wall of discount cards in the lobby (hence we paid $20.00 more than necessary for our Rockette show tickets.....seriously take a look at these as the discounts are for everything and anything to do in NYC), we were never told when booking the reservation that the shuttle bus only makes 3 runs into the city in the morning (9, 10 and 11am) and more importantly only 2 out of the city (8 and 9pm) not only does this makes it impossible to see a night show (they all start at 8pm) and have safe ride back to the hotel but it also means a VERY long day in the city UNLESS you do as the hotel suggests and take a courier bus out of the city which drops you off over 1/2 mile from the hotel in an incredibly unsafe neighborhood and unsafe walk (broken sidewalks from start to finish, crossing major highways). Other CONS.....our tub did not drain properly. It would take hours so if you took back to back showers the second person would be in standing water. We never once had hot water.....only lukewarm at best (this was the case whether we showered in the am or in the pm). Lastly, housekeeping could deep clean a bit more (we moved the nightstand to plug something in and found quite a dust mound as well as the bases of lamps and hard to reach areas).
In all fairness to the hotel when we brought these issues up at checkout the front desk manager was very apologetic and followed through immediately with rectifying the situations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank islandfoodie04679
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I'm pleased to hear you like your room accommodation, amenities and felt you received a good value for your stay. We are sorry the service you received from our shuttle hotel staff was less than satisfactory. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for the week of Nov 24-29. Upon check in we were given a shuttle schedule with multiple times listed for a trip into manhatten, upon trying to confirm this we were told that the schedule times had been changed and that the shuttle only ran twice a day and would have no room on it. The staff was extremely unhelpful, we phoned the front desk and asked for a cab and his response was cant you call them yourself. The constant vacuuming outside our door at 7am lead is to believe it must be the dirtiest place in New Jersey. The air freshener in our room the first night made our eyes water and never really let up. This is a very cheap hotel but I will never stay here again. You get what you pay for rings true here. Also the other guests complaining while we were trying to check out really sums it all up.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Ashleywinfield
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Ashleywinfield,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced over the unacceptable service you received from our staff. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into and actions will be taken accordingly. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these North Bergen hotels

Arnoldsburg
Reviewed November 26, 2012

While the hotel lobby and room were very clean, there was tons that could be improved. Starting at the front desk. The hallways were very run down and needed some attention. On the day of arrival and day of departure, there was one young lady working the front desk that was very rude. She didn't wait on me, but she made very rude comments in the background pointed toward me. I tried to tell the person at the desk some problems and every time I said something, she had a rude comment. Upon arrival, I stopped in front of the hotel to ask about parking. She made a comment that I couldn't park where I was, I was blocking traffic. Like DUH. My room. Now that is was a joke. There is an old saying from years ago. My room was so small, I had to go outside to change my mind. While it wasn't actually that bad. It wasn't far from it.
The breakfast room. My first day, I told one of the workers they were running low on something at the breakfast counter. She looked at me like I was bothering her. The tables were not kept clean. Both morning I ate down there, I had to clean off my own table.
If I have a choice, I will not return to this hotel. Much better hotels with just as good of rates near by.

Room Tip: If you do have to stay here or choose to stay here. Make sure you get a room on the back side of th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank peterpan2011
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013

I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the staff service received and problems with the bathroom facilities.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.
Surat, India
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Usually HolidayInns are good. But this particular hotel owners are perhaps trying to suck back money as soon as possible.

Hotel is located in Bad area

(following are the common facilities in similar hotels so this is expected to be good and free)
No airport shuttle!
Charges even local calls, charges were way too high.
smallest ever shower I've ever been into. Smaller than a phone booth!
Tried to suck money out of everything possible.

Overall, this is a MOTEL and not hotel with HolidayInn brand name.

Room Tip: Days Inn hotel is located just beside this hotel. Please stay there and avoid this one. Holiday...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Bhavesh R
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you found our hotel average and the service was less than excellent. I apologize about the inconvenience regarding the commute to and fro to our property, as i believe you were unhappy with the location. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.
Sparta, New Jersey
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Let me start out with the good about this property. The rate was a very good value compared to other IHG branded properties in Northern New Jersey. The front desk clerk was very personable and welcoming. The room was spacious. The bedding was very comfortable. The breakfast area was stocked with a good variety and the two workers that morning did a good job replacing food and a reasonable job keeping the tables clean when they were vacated. The first thing I did upon entering the room was attempt to turn on the TV but found the remote control did not work. I found the controls on the side of the TV but that was not convenient as they had 51 different channels which made it difficult to navigate without a remote. Although the bed was comfortable the sleep quality was not that good due to the noise of other room doors shutting during the night. The biggest issue was the 4 large pieces of hair still in my bathtub. There is no excuse for that. The towels were very scratchy. Another concern was the paint in the room was peeling very badly. I even took a picture of that which I will post. Why would they let that situation exist? If that wall was painted and the tub was cleaned properly I would have rated them much better. However, you cannot rent a room with that much hair in a tub or paint peeling off the walls. When staying in a Holiday Inn Express I expect much better. If you decide to stay here bring your Swiffer to remove any hair, I wish I brought mine!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our beds which you found to be extremely comfortable..

However, We’re really sorry to find out about the hair problem coupled with the issue you encountered regarding the paint peeling off from the wall in your room, which was completely unacceptable. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.
VERONA
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We booked here despite reading some negative reviews on here, thank goodness for the positive ones that made us chose this motel. It was a very nice, clean motel. Our room was big, comfortable and clean and the price was right compared to others in NYC we considered. The breakfast was wonderful - scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, gravy, biscuts, waffles, pancakes and some of the best cinnimon rolls that i have eat. The breakfast area was clean, the motel was clean as well as our room. The shuttle to Times Sq was a blessing, thank goodness i didnt have to drive or pay to park in NYC, it was 7 dollars for me and the wife round trip, what a bargin. It dropped us off and picked us up on 41st and 7th st in Times Sq.
This motel was a great bargin and we will stay here again the next time we visit NYC. We stayed 2 nights 10/11/12 and 10/12/12 on a long vaction with several stops. This was our 1st trip to NYC and we cant wait to return and spend more nights at this motel and see more of NYC than we did on this brief stop. This motel was a big part of our enjoyment of our visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RandyHodge
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff. I am really pleased to know that you were glad with our dependable and affordable shuttle services as well.We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently towards achieving it day in and day out. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we sincerely and earnestly hope that you do present us with an opportunity to serve you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Bergen
Meadowlands River Inn
#3 of 15 in Secaucus
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel
Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel? Share your experiences!