Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel
BestWestern.com
$97
$182
$110
Fairfield Inn & Suites North Bergen(North Bergen)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Breakfast included
$169
$161
Courtyard
Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
$142
$136
All reviewslincoln tunnelthe busnew yorkshuttle servicetimes squarefree breakfastoutdoor poolthe holiday innbagelsbeds were very comfortablecinnamon rollsfree parkingbreakfast roominto nycpull out couchport authorityflat screen tv
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We booked here despite reading some negative reviews on here, thank goodness for the positive ones that made us chose this motel. It was a very nice, clean motel. Our room was big, comfortable and clean and the price was right compared to others in NYC we considered. The breakfast was wonderful - scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, gravy, biscuts, waffles, pancakes and some of the best cinnimon rolls that i have eat. The breakfast area was clean, the motel was clean as well as our room. The shuttle to Times Sq was a blessing, thank goodness i didnt have to drive or pay to park in NYC, it was 7 dollars for me and the wife round trip, what a bargin. It dropped us off and picked us up on 41st and 7th st in Times Sq.
This motel was a great bargin and we will stay here again the next time we visit NYC. We stayed 2 nights 10/11/12 and 10/12/12 on a long vaction with several stops. This was our 1st trip to NYC and we cant wait to return and spend more nights at this motel and see more of NYC than we did on this brief stop. This motel was a big part of our enjoyment of our visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RandyHodge
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff. I am really pleased to know that you were glad with our dependable and affordable shuttle services as well.We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently towards achieving it day in and day out. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we sincerely and earnestly hope that you do present us with an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We booked this hotel in New Jersey across the river from Manhattan because it was cheaper but it was not a clever choice. The journey into Times Square depended on when a shuttle bus left the hotel and if it was full we lost out. (The bus is not run by the hotel but by a private courier so the hotel doesn't take any responsibility.) The walk from the nearest bus stop to the hotel is not a solution in the evenings. The door slamming was ghastly, we were woken up numerous times during the nights we were there.....we were told by the front desk that due to fire hazard regulations the doors 'have to close back into their frames, and that is why they are always slamming' We tested this, and this was correct - if left a few inches open the door slams closed into it's frame!. I suggest management finds a solution to the problem, perhaps some type of rubber casing, as I certainly wouldn't want to spend another night there enduring that noise. Value for money was good, nice breakfast and very comfortable bed.

Room Tip: Rooms without doors?
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank patjoy

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I'm pleased to hear you like our room accommodation, amenities and felt you received a good value for your stay. We are however sorry the service you received from our shuttle hotel staff was less than satisfactory. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve. I also do apologize for any inconvenience that was caused to you regarding your commute to and fro in and out of our property. This is completely unacceptable.

We are sorry the service you received from our hotel was less than satisfactory. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here 4 nights and were very pleasantly surprised! Some of the reviews kind of scared us. We had a very smooth check in and the room was fabulous! Very comfy beds and the fridge was a bonus. Yes, there are some very inconsiderate patrons, that seem to forget not to slam their doors at 1, 2 or 3am!! This is not the hotels fault.
The free breakfast was very very good, great coffee too. The wifi worked fine for us and we were on the top floor, so not sure what all the complaints were about that. The shuttle is $8 per person, round trip and was exceptional for us! Every driver was friendly, even offering to wait for someone that said they would be out in 5 min. It takes you right near Times Square and picks you up right around the same area. We never touched our car the entire 4 days! Parking there is free, which is a total bonus!! Not many places have free parking.
It is only about a 15 min ride to NYC from hotel, which is great.
Mario, a student working at the front desk, was very friendly and extremely helpful! He has a bright future in the Hotel industry...thanks Mario!! All of the staff, front desk and cleaning staff, were all super friendly all of the time. No complaints about them or the hotel at all.
We are definitely staying here the next time we go to NYC. It is WAY cheaper and the rooms are bigger and more comfortable than in NYC! You wil not be dissapointed in this hotel! We can't wait to return!!
If you get a chance, do "The Ride" in NYC!! You get tickets at a kiosk inside Madame Tussauds. It is a fun, entertainment bus that travels around the city and there are comedians inside and out along the way!! SUPER fun ride!! We loved it!

Room Tip: Topfloor is really great then you have nobody above you! Also, arrive at the shuttle at least 25 min before it departs!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Meld67
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. . I am pleased you had a good experience at check in. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. . We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff.

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I'm pleased to hear you like your room accommodation, amenities and felt you received a good value for your stay. Again we thank you for your review as we believe that we can only improve and enhance our services through our guests' feedback, and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was a bit concerned about staying on the other side of the river in New Jersey, but I also didn't want to shell out nearly $2,000 for four nights in Manhattan. This Holiday Inn Express delivered a tremendous value. For the cost of one night in Manhattan, my wife and I were able to stay for four nights.
Our room was fantastic, with two huge queen beds and a pull-out sofa. The bathroom was large and clean, shower was hot with strong pressure. The maid service cleaned the room when asked and left it alone when we asked for that too. Room had a fridge and microwave, which came in handy.
The hotel serves a massive breakfast, which includes hot eggs and sausage and tons of pastries, toast, etc. Completely free. A definite notch above most continental breakfasts and saved us even more money.
A shuttle service runs from the hotel. It is an independent company, but runs smoothly and efficiently. Seating is first come, first served and I recommend getting there about 20 minutes before departure to secure your seat. If you can navigate basic public transportation, this is a fine option and beats paying $12 each way to drive through the Lincoln Tunnel.
We parked our car in the hotel lot for free for our entire stay. Our last trip to NY, we paid $40 a day for parking. Our car was safe and nothing was tampered with.
The front desk staff was very friendly and greeted us upon arrival with a gift bag that included bottles of waters and some snacks. It was a very nice touch and you can never have too many bottles of water.
PROTIP - Join the Holiday Inn rewards club thing and you will be treated like a king. I noticed that we received better treatment because of our reward club membership than others without it.
Overall, I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by this property and will definitely stay here again. If you're a smart, capable traveler, this Holiday Inn will save you a boatload of money.

Room Tip: Join the Holiday Inn rewards program to get the best room. Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Radevonuk73

Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Express North Bergen. We are located right outside of the city; it’s nice to see you were able to take advantage of the many different transportation outlets in the area.

I am very happy to learn that you found our staff to be very friendly and help and your room to be tidy and clean. We pride ourselves in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable during their stay. I will definitely be passing on the kind words to our staff.

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed your room accommodations as well as the location of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Hello to all travelers. This review is in reflection to my stay at the Holiday Inn Express. The room rate in the fall/winter season is above the competition and the service is not acceptable. Arrived at the hotel with my wife and was ignored while the staff was occupied assisting 1 member with 2 receptionist. Early warnings of a incompetent staff. 15 mins later i received my room key which was wrong type and smelled vaguely similar to burned carpet. Room was changed to one with 2 beds. Frustration meter on yellow, however came to visit NYC not hotel room. Went to the front desk and found out about the transportation to NYC. There is a shuttle service takes guest to NYC decided to give it a shot and ends up being far worse then acceptable. The bus had broken seats, there was only 1 staff member who was also the driver, the driving was horrible full of sudden stops and the driver wasn't even licensed. The police stopped the bus and the driver was ticketed for speeding. As a future family man, i would advise all future guest to find another means of transport. As i did the next 2 days, which was with the shuttle service provided by the Days Inn Hotel. The fare is higher however the comfort for me and my wife far exceeded the price, the Bus is a proper bus, the staff has 4 member team, the whole atmosphere is less hectic and the hotel itself is far more affordable. NYC itself is a wonderful place to see and take in. I would recommend majority of the free attractions which are some of the best. There is also BB KINGS cafe which has live music, see the website for playlist. A play i saw was Rent well worth it my wife couldn't stop smiling. Seeing a live musical is one of the best highlights to NYC. Also i would recommend the statue of liberty because it has such a great presence along with Brooklyn the same day. NYC was amazing and i will come back however i rather stay next door.

Thank you.
God bless and good luck.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view and amenities.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George H
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you found our hotel average and the service was less than excellent. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept my sincerest apology if the room accommodations you received were not at par with your expectations. I sincerely do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you as far as the shuttle service is concerned, I assure you that remedial action will be necessitated at the earliest.

I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Please accept my sincerest apology if the room accommodations you received were not at par with your expectations.We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.