We stayed here after arriving before our scheduled check-in date of our hotel. We figured it would be decent considering it was a Holiday Inn Express. We checked in late, check in was easy, but as we were coming in to the lobby with our luggage, the manager was instructing the maintenance man to go spray our room with a can of Glade...he quickly quieted when he saw us coming. We all ended up on the elevator together which was awkward. As we got off he realized we were going to the same place and retreated. It didn't really "smell" but had definite water damage to the ceiling (it was a top floor room). The ceiling was stained, the wall paper was just barely hanging on in place after place after place. It was bubbled and falling off several feet from the ceiling. It also appeared to have what could have been mold in the damaged area. If I hadn't been so tired, I would have been down at the desk asking for a new room or refund. I couldn't believe they were just letting it remain that way. The next day we moved about 4 miles down the road to a different Holiday Inn on Plaza Dr - WAY WAY WAY better! Go the extra 4 miles and stay in a much nicer location with MUCH better rooms!
In addition, the breakfast was only free if you could manage to get in. It was packed and not being restocked on a regular basis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express offers a first-class hotel experience in the heart of the New York Metro area. This North Bergen hotel is minutes from New York University, Continental Airlines Arena, the Empire State Building, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center and Columbia University. The Newark Liberty International Airport is 10 miles away. The hotel is easily accessible from Route 1, Route 9, Route 3 and the New Jersey Turnpike. Newark Penn Station is also close to the hotel. Manhattan and New York City are minutes away via the Lincoln Tunnel, Holland Tunnel and George Washington Bridge. Greenwich Village, Madison Square Garden Arena, Times Square and Broadway are also nearby. This North Bergen hotel features a daily free, hot, Continental breakfast buffet. Additional amenities include free local calls, free weekday newspaper and free coffee. Guests will also enjoy the 24-hour exercise room and outdoor pool. Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like free high-speed Internet access in the room and access to copy and fax services. Our meeting room can accommodate up to 20 people for most events and business functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel Hotel North Bergen
- Palace Hotel New Jersey
- Holiday Inn Express Lincoln Tunnel