“It's nice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sabor Latin Bistro

Sabor Latin Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sabor Latin Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 91 Restaurants in North Bergen
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Caribbean, Bar, Cuban, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The inspiration for SABOR emerged as Latino roots migrated to New York, bringing along all elements of its traditions. The menu offers a wide variety of Continental Cuisine spiced to a Latin beat. Each dish, infused with seductive spices and tropical fruits from the Caribbean and Latin America, creates a distinctive taste that leads you to discover the exotic flavors that make our culture so rich.To best enjoy the flavor of SABOR, take the journey together. All dishes are served in a sharing concept. Order whatever intrigues you from any part of the menu. Your Server will be happy to guide you. Enjoy the journey!!
“It's nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

This is a tiny nice place, good for romantic dinner, darker atmosphere.
The menu didn't change for 8 years though. Valley parking. Little overpriced. I will still come back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Maryinnyc

Brandon, Florida
“Nice Latin Bistro – Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

I went there tonight with my husband. The place was packed and loud. We had a selection of what is called tapas (but is, in fact “small plates"). Food was very good. The service was good too. Great atmosphere, and good food and drinks! The price was affordable and worth every penny. Sabor has outdoor seating too. Valet parking only.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank KrysiaK
Los Angeles, California
“Nice place to throw a party!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

The service and location is good. Fyi. Parking is kind of tight...maybe taking a cab is better. The food is more spanish infusion so if you want real spanish homemade food then go to your abuela's house. Upstairs has a great space for big group parties.

1 Thank gcm1106
New York City, New York
“Unsavory Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

I had an awful experience recently at Sabor Latin Bistro in North Bergen, New Jersey and I'd like to share it with the public.

I've lived in the area for 11 years, and eaten at Sabor many times, and always thought the food was pretty good. I decided to treat myself to dinner this past Tuesday night Feb. 7, 2012, and ate from their $25 prix fixe menu. I had the salad, salmon and coconut tres leches.

Within an hour of returning home I started to feel sick. Within two hours I was throwing up, all night long, until 6:00am. I had food poisoning.

When I called Sabor the next day and spoke to the GM, Manny, he was anything but sympathetic. Not once did I receive an "I'm so sorry that happened! How are you feeling?" Instead I was give excuses: "We serve salmon all the time. No one has ever complained of food poisoning!" I was made to feel like I was lying; why would I make up such a story?? To get...what? A free meal? I'm really not that desperate, Sabor.

Manny never took down my number, barely brought himself to ask for my name, and said I needed to call back the next day, after he'd "spoken to his chef". So I called today, Thursday Feb. 9th, and got some other manager (I was so mad within 2 minutes of the call I didn't even get his name). He immediately proceeded to spout off the same rhetoric as Manny.

Sabor doesn't care about their customers or their community. I will never eat here again, and I urge others to follow suit. If you get sick from their food, it's on you. Because of course it couldn't possibly be the fault of the restaurant who PREPARES the food, right?

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank MsRoseCat
Demarest, New Jersey
“Been here often and will continue!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

We have eaten at Sabor's several times and each time we had great service, great food and fun atmosphere. Could get noisy at times but that is what this latin bistro is about, good food, and good company!

• Visited October 2011