“BEST DINER”

River View Diner
Ranked #13 of 93 Restaurants in North Bergen
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“BEST DINER”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food and service is always excellent. Stop here about 4 years ago for dinner because it was on the way to an event. I had family in town and they requested to go back for breakfast the next morning before they left. We MOST always go there went they are in town. Family owned and ran.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Swiftim

West New York, New Jersey
“Waitress just couldn't get it right!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went to this diner with a friend and ordered a gyro. It was okay, I think. I was far too aggravated.

My friend ordered a salad with cucumbers, tomatoes and feta and a hard roll with pork roll and cheese. She received a bowl of cucumbers tomatoes and feta, no salad. She said she wanted it as a salad with lettuce and the waitress brought her out a bowl of lettuce.

The sandwich arrived as an egg, pork roll and cheese. She said she didn't want the egg. A few minutes later the waitress returned with an egg and cheese sandwich. Really, we were quite annoyed at this time. We said NO EGG. Finally the waitress brings the correct sandwich. The pork roll was barely cooked and we think they kept using the same roll. It was awful!

We complained to the manager who we then saw talking to the waitress. The waitress came over and asked if we wanted anything else. We said no and she placed the bill on our table.

We walked up to the manager and told her what a horrible attitude the waitress had. She told us she told the waitress to apologize to us and the waitress didn't want to. REALLY? WHAT?

I WILL NEVER GO BACK!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank AngelMoose
Union City, New Jersey
“dinner, late night bite”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Diner is right off River Road, their prices are good ( typical diner prices ), the service is good, and the food is good. nice place to stop after the movies

Visited January 2013
1 Thank rex e
New York City, New York
“Not your average diner!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The staff was friendly, the menu varied, desserts average, but staples - burgers, eggs, nova scotia salmon and bagel - way above average!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Scottishchef
West New York, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good Food”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stopped last Saturday 3/9/2013 for some dinner. I had a cheeseburger deluxe and food was made exactly to my liking. The atmosphere was good and the service was excellent. I have been in here for breakfast too and everything was excellent then too. i would recommend this diner to my friends.

• Visited March 2013