“Worth the view”

Waterside Restaurant and Catering
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterside Restaurant and Catering is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 103 Restaurants in North Bergen
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Attended my sons wedding at this venue. Gorgeous view of NYC... Staff extremely accommodating! Shantal was extremely helpful with planning and organization of the event. Staff were very accommodating and the food was delicious. Our guests are still talking about what a great place to have a wedding. Their wedding package is definately worth the price! Highly recommended

1  Thank Danni531

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had a wedding reception here in November. Shantal helped us planned everything and things ran smoothly on the event day. The service was excellent. The food was awesome - my guests still raving about it. The cocktail hour was amazing - the buffet was beyond what I expected. The dinner was so yummy - even though as a bride I think I only had about a couple of bites but the guests love it. The dessert afterward was out of this world great! The guests almost forgot the wedding cake! The choice selections were great and the taste was even better. I could not give enough praise for this place. Our reception was small so we were able to fit everyone in the second floor room - which was more than enough for us. The privacy we got and the view - you can't be beat! We went with the wedding package that came with all the services and the wedding cake (Palermo"s Bakery: palermobakery.com). The cake was also moist and fresh and so very yummy. I had the best experience - I would have an event here again in a heartbeat! :)

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The place is right on the water with nice views of Manhattan. But the downstairs bar and restaurant are sparse and uninviting. The staff was enthusiastic enough, but was on the amateur side. The food was OK, but the prices are exorbitant for the quality. When I'm paying $15-20 per appetizer and $30-45 for the main, I have very high expectations of the food. So this was disappointing. If you want great food with a view then head over to the Chart House.

1  Thank pinkpapuga
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Gorgeous weather today and the beauty of Manhattan skyline is second to none! The food was very good. I asked the waiter the vintage of the wine and he left the table and brought the wine, explaining that the wine had been cooled to the right temp. I had the beet and asparagus salad, it was very good. I had the frito misto, as my main course, it was an appetizer and it was a huge portion. My husband and our guest had Greek salad, you should see the feta cheese, as big as my palm. They both ordered Beef Tartar, and I tasted it, it was very good. The waiter was so attentive. Highly recommended.

1  Thank peony09
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I got to drop in for the Sunday brunch buffet and got to try variety of fresh seafood and veggies. Being a health-nut I am, I was extremely satisfied with the selections and the amazing view (with live music) made it even better. The servers and bartenders were very attentive and I give them props for keeping it together even though the place was extremely busy.

If you're looking for the best view of the Manhattan on River Road, I strongly recommend Waterside since it's not too far up north/down south. If you want great atmosphere with great service, you definitely might want to check out Waterside because this place HAS IT ALL.

1  Thank djspinner