“Dinner with a View”

Waterside Restaurant and Catering
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterside Restaurant and Catering is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 104 Restaurants in North Bergen
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I went for dinner on Feb 16 and had a wonderful time. The food came out promptly and it was good. I had the fish with red curry - just the right amount of spice, my boyfriend had Osso Bucco - it was delicious. Our waiter was polite and prompt. I wish we were seated by the window but it was all taken. However, making the reservation via the phone was annoying. I was put on hold 3 times - total of 10 min waiting on the phone where the conversation actually took less than a minute. The view is nice - but not as pretty as the view from the Chart House. But this place has the less-formal vibe - with the music and nice bar area. I would come back here again.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was the worst experience I ever had - it was my birthday - we arrived and the place was empty - yet they put us near the serving area we asked if we could have a table by the window and she said no they are reserved. Food was horrible - waiter not nice and we left an hour or so later and all the tables by the windows were empty. Never again - not worth even for a drink. I wrote a letter and never even got an acknowledgement

5  Thank Pauline597
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Last Friday I had an unbelievably great time with my family at Waterside Restaurant. We had dinner, drinks and then moved to the bar to enjoy the music.

This is my third time there and am always impressed with the experience.

Ask for the waiter Jack, he's very good. And get the avocado salad!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Having decided to spend NYE in New York from the UK we booked The Waterside because of its location and previous reviews, albeit being a bit pricey. It was just what we were looking for - close to our hotel and views across the river to view the fireworks etc at midnight and we accepted that the evening would be an expensive one due to it being NYE.
The venue itself was excellent and the views brilliant, but the food was a bit of a let down to say the least, and was very mediocre for the price (which was $125 per person (£80 for 3 courses). The chicken for the main course was dry and boring and the lamb choice was basically 2 lamb cutlets. Dessert was was a bit hit and miss as to how much you were given, some tables being given a plate of mini desserts each, and others a plate between two ,with the same amount and selection. Our table was not offered any tea or coffee whereas other tables were, and we were very disappointed that the price did not even include a bottle of wine, just 1 glass of fizz at the end of the meal. We could not voice any concerns on the night as the music being played was so loud it was impossible to attract the waiter's attention. So overall, a good evening but very overpriced and left feeling a little deflated.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had a delightful evening at Waterside seated next to clean windows sparkling with the lights of Manhattan. The cocktails are well made and generous. Our server was professional and friendly. We started with a seafood tower, a bit pricey but well worth it. Dinner was excellent - especially the special grilled red snapper- perfectly done with lots of luscious white fish surrounded by crispy skin. Cannot comment on desserts as we had no room for anything more. There is a lively bar scene so some noise but not too much for conversation.

1  Thank Marguerite S