“Great Deal! No Bugs!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 North Bergen NJ/NYC Area

Super 8 North Bergen NJ/NYC Area
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in North Bergen
Hamburg, Germany
“Great Deal! No Bugs!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2006

As a triprewards member i booked this hotel trough triprewards and get a good room at the and of the hotel. I had a smokers room but nothing seems to be like this.
The room was qiuet, it was the same street noises like in Midtown Manhattan! Everything was clean, the maid had doing a good job! Absolutly no bugs!!! I was a little bit confused of some comments!I have never seen a Bug maybe outside the hotel!
The connection to Manhattan was ok, every 10 minutes came a Express services right to the fron door of the hotel and picks you up to the City. It cost about 2 dollars.
The only problem is when you want come back late at nights. The last Bus (NJ transit) drives 12.40 midnight.
The staff was friendly and the breakfast was just ok.
The internet connection was great, its free!
If u dont want pay much money, take this hotel!
I give only 4 points because of the location!

• Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
1 Thank mathas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Cleveland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2006

We stayed two nights so we would be close to NYC for a Monday vacation day, have shuttle service, and a place to park the car. The bed bug reviews were a little concerning, especially for my wife and two teenage daughters. But I told them we would check everything thoroughly and take raid in case we found something. We didn't find anything, and the room seemed clean and well kept. They put us in a room directly above the office area, at the front of the hotel. The problem with this room, and I don't remember the number, was road noise starting around 5:00am. Rush hour traffic on the main street heading towords the tunnel is very noisy, luckily for us we wanted to get an eary start anyway. One advantage of having this room was wireless internet access. Not sure if other rooms get the access, but we had a good connection and the girl's enjoyed being able to chat with their friends online.
The area is not a place where you want to walk around much. I'm not sure what the crime rate is, but you could probably find out by walking to far from the hotel. There are decent places close by, but I suggest driving. Ask for the map and shuttle guide when checking in. Moring breakfast was good by super 8 standards.

• Liked — Location
  • Tips/Secrets — Have a good map
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank hookset
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2006

My wife and I booked this Hotel based on the reviews on this website, and I would have to say I think we made a good choice. We were after a clean, safe place to sleep. We were not after anything flash, just somewhere we felt safe and could get a good nights sleep. Our expectations were realised and we felt the smallish, well appointed and clean rooms were exactly what we wanted. Staff were very helpful and efficient. Only issue I had was some paperwork in the room said that the motel had a safe deposit box, but I found this to untrue.

We took the shuttle that was talked about by other reviews to town and return without any trouble.
Something else we did find excellant was the tour in New York itself. Its called the Grays Hop on Hop Off tour and you can get 1 tour or a 24 or 48hr pass with commenta. You can also include a ticket to the Empire State Building and to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. It allows you to get on and off the bus for as long as you get the pass for. We did the 48hr pass and for 2 days we toured the city and got access to the places we wanted to see, and it didn't waste too much shoe leather by having to walk everywhere. Well worth the $77 each.The guys selling the tickets are on most street corners and dressed in a Red Shirt and Jacket.

• Liked — Location and Price
  • Disliked — No safe deposit box or safe
  • Tips/Secrets — Use the shuttle to New York
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Radarz
Corning, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2006

After spending the day at Liberty Park, at the Statue Of Liberty and Ellis Island, my friend and i wanted to spend the evening before going into NYC 9/20/06. We stopped at the hotel, almost drove by it because you come upon on it so quick from highway, be careful of steady traffic! The lady at check-in wasn't very enthused, she was drony acting, not very friendly! Later that evening went to front lobby to get a coffee and you had to pay 75 cents for a cup. I inserted money, no cup came out and coffee went all over. I got woman at front desk and she had a male attendant with her, they acted like they didn't want to be bothered, there was no customer's around. They both came from behind glass partition and she openened up machine to rig me a cup of cofffee. No cup and she grabbed a small styrafom cup and a sip came out and she told me to enjoy!? She didn't even give me my 75 cents back, not very professional, where they hire her from?! I Also enquired for a maintenance man, to fix captions on front of tv screen, he never showed up and a lady from housekeeping showed up and she had no clue on how to fix. Room was smelly, bedspread burn hole in it, furniture grimy and standing room only for continental breakfast, only 4 chairs!? This place was more of a headache, then a good nights sleep!!

• Liked — If You Walked To Top Of Hill, You Could See The Empire State Building Lit Up!
  • Disliked — Very Rude Front Desk Attendant on 9/19/06, no parking.
  • Tips/Secrets — Find Another Location!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
3 Thank BEACHES63
montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2006

A bit too expensive for what it was. The room smelled bad every time you would enter it. Overall, the room was clean. The bed ok. Some people at the front desk were very rude. The breakfast was nice if you can find a place to sit since the lobby is pretty small. There's not much around the hotel...but the transportation to New York and back is great. That is the main reason why we would consider going back there...the good transportation service. But we'll definetly look into other hotel before going back here.

• Liked — Trasnportation to New York City and back
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
6 Thank canadian12345
Milford, Ma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2006

My wife and I stayed there July 28 and 29, 2006. When approaching from Route 3 East at 495, be very careful as you will pass right by the entrance to the motel if you are not aware. The parking lot on each side of the motel was very small with only one lane of travel and the parking lot does not go around the entire motel. Space here is limited to say the least.
The rooms were better than I expected, very clean, neat, and fresh. They looked almost new with nice furniture. The beds were average. The staff was helpful and friendly. The shuttle stops at the front door and takes you right into Manhattan for $2.00 ea. way. There is about a 1/4 mile walk on the return trip from the city. On the return trip, the shuttle drops you off at Toys of Us which is about a 1/4 mile walk (all downhill) to the motel.
There are many restaurants and shopping malls nearby, maybe a 1/2 to a mile walk. The area is ok but busy traffic wise most of the time. We felt comfortable at all times.
Overall, it was better than I expected and with the location (about 10-15 minutes from the city depending on traffic) it was a great deal.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Ed D
Stayton, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. It was supposed to be three nights, but we cut it short because we were so displeased. The management was rude, most unhelpful & completely unconcerned with customer satisfaction. The room was smelly and grungy. The "continental breakfast" was a joke! As if all that was not enough, the location is awful. There are other hotels in the area that look much better & also offer shuttles to N.Y. - I would try them if I was you!

• Stayed July 2006
Ramada Jersey City
Ramada Jersey City
#7 of 13 in Jersey City
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,055 reviews

Been to Super 8 North Bergen NJ/NYC Area? Share your experiences!