“Great Dinner!”

Dining options: Reservations
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Dinner!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

When my husband and I were back to New York for a visit our friends took us to this restaurant. The food and service were all excellent. We had such a great time with our friends but the owner of the restaurant who was a friend of one of our friends was extremely nice to talk to as well. They serve, true, authentic Italian food made fresh and it is a very nice casual atmosphere. We would enjoy going back if we can in the future.

• Visited June 2013

New Jersey
“Average in every way...”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Seat next to the big glass windows in a beautiful day and you´ll have a nice view of the park...The food( at least the one I ordered when I visited) was nothing to write home about, not terrible, don´t get me wrong, but I just couldn´t get close to the amazing flavors from previous reviewers..I tried the seafood not the pizza, perhaps that was a mistake...Good luck!!

• Visited June 2013
“OMG - I went to sleep dreaming about the dinner!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Excellent Italian food. We had the skirt steak and the pizza and it was AMAZING!!!!! We ate at high end places in NYC and this place was the best by far. Get in your car and go now!

nyc,ny
“No need to travel to New York for a great pizza!!!!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

After eating pizza all over the world on my family's "Around the World in 90 Days" world trip (see my blog: www.toscanoworldtrip.blogspot.com) and knowing good pizza as a native New Yorker, I can say that I was pleasantly surprised by the great pizza I ate at La Sorrentina in North Bergen, New Jersey. A cozy, family style Italian restaurant about 10 minutes from the George Washington Bridge, La Sorrentina comes close to being the best pizza you can eat anywhere. I tried the Margarita, which was baked in the brick oven, and was the perfect combination of taste and texture. The small pie (6 slices) is the traditional round pie, while the large (10 slices) is square.The staff are warm and helpful and the octopus appetizer was also delicious. My only regret was that since the pizza was so good, I will always want to order it and not get to try their delicious pasta and other main courses (maybe I will force myself to only eat one slice next time to leave some room!)

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“One of the best restaurants in North Bergen”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I give La Sorrentina 5 stars because of their amazing home made Tiramisu. If you go, please don't leave without trying the tiramisu. Ofcourse, they have a great menu, I have ordered their grilled octupus, arugula salada, pizzas, several pastas, including and highly recommended home made aragosta ravioli, lobster ravioli. Everything has been great after several visitis. Their pizzas are amazing and the pasta is fresh. They have good wines that are not overpriced and great Belgium beer. They have better Beligum beer than Hoboken's Biergarten. My favorite, La Chouffe. If you are craving italian food, this is the place for you. Great ingredients and fresh, I will post pics next time I visit.

• Visited March 2013