“OMG - I went to sleep dreaming about the dinner!”
Review of La Sorrentina

La Sorrentina
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in North Bergen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Excellent Italian food. We had the skirt steak and the pizza and it was AMAZING!!!!! We ate at high end places in NYC and this place was the best by far. Get in your car and go now!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

After eating pizza all over the world on my family's "Around the World in 90 Days" world trip (see my blog: www.toscanoworldtrip.blogspot.com) and knowing good pizza as a native New Yorker, I can say that I was pleasantly surprised by the great pizza I ate at La Sorrentina in North Bergen, New Jersey. A cozy, family style Italian restaurant about 10 minutes from the George Washington Bridge, La Sorrentina comes close to being the best pizza you can eat anywhere. I tried the Margarita, which was baked in the brick oven, and was the perfect combination of taste and texture. The small pie (6 slices) is the traditional round pie, while the large (10 slices) is square.The staff are warm and helpful and the octopus appetizer was also delicious. My only regret was that since the pizza was so good, I will always want to order it and not get to try their delicious pasta and other main courses (maybe I will force myself to only eat one slice next time to leave some room!)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I give La Sorrentina 5 stars because of their amazing home made Tiramisu. If you go, please don't leave without trying the tiramisu. Ofcourse, they have a great menu, I have ordered their grilled octupus, arugula salada, pizzas, several pastas, including and highly recommended home made aragosta ravioli, lobster ravioli. Everything has been great after several visitis. Their pizzas are amazing and the pasta is fresh. They have good wines that are not overpriced and great Belgium beer. They have better Beligum beer than Hoboken's Biergarten. My favorite, La Chouffe. If you are craving italian food, this is the place for you. Great ingredients and fresh, I will post pics next time I visit.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Love the food - people are all so pleasant - very happy Italian people who own it - at least I think they own it. They have the best pizza in the whole area - we get it to take out once every two weeks - rest of food is great also and staff excellent

Reviewed November 23, 2012

My barber, a Sicilian who has lived in this area for over 30 years, recommended this- he loves the pizza, and I have seen lots of good reviews for that. We went for lunch and had panninis, they were quite good and very filling. The ambiance was very comfortable. We will have to come back for the pizza and salads.