“Why don't we always do Bed and Breakfasts for Business Trips?”
Review of Wooden Duck B&B

Wooden Duck B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Newton B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 13, 2010

On an impulse (and after reading the tripadvisor reviews), I had my travel agent book me in the Wooden Duck Inn. I had business (and not very pleasant business with a dreaded task ahead) in Newton NJ and I usually stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. This was a great room, with ample parking, on a comfortable bed, in a beautiful and quiet setting. It had an awesome breakfast served (granola and yoghurt parfait; fresh baked bread, fritatta) and excellent coffee. I could be as social or private as desired, due to the various entrances (always a worry at a B&B). There were great touches like an inviting jigsaw puzzle, books and magazines, and my room had a hot tub and fireplace! Awesome. In addition, the hostess recommended (after listening to my preferences and style) two different restaurants and the closest bookstore - all "off the beaten track".

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed April 5, 2010

My husband and I have visited a number of times and each time it has been a lovely, enjoyable experience.

The rooms are immaculate; the setting relaxing and picturesque. The breakfast in the morning is excellent.

The surrounding area has wonderful restaurants; as well as, hiking/biking/ trails with kayaking, and horseback riding practically within walking distance of the Wooden Duck.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Our stay at the Wooden Duck was very nice. Breakfasts were delicious. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2010

My husband and I love to try out new B&Bs. We wanted to get away for one night for our anniversary and with a little one at home we didn't want to travel to far from home. This B&B is a wonderful find. It is nestled inside a state park, with gorgeous surroundings. We were greeted by Karl who was so showed us around the place and made us feel right at home. My husband loved the fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies! Our room was absolutely gorgeous, fireplace, two person tub, private balcony you could not ask for more. Not only was the room gorgeous, it was clean and had all the wonderful things you expect in a hotel, not generally a B&B. Right down the Wooden Duck Inn robes. Karl was very helpful with picking somewhere for us to have dinner and for giving us directions. Breakfast the next morning was the best I have ever had in a B&B. Homemade cranberry bread, sautéed bananas and an egg dish that I could eat everyday. Not to mention the show the birds were putting on for us during breakfast. Karl and Beth do an outstanding job of making you feel totally welcomed and at home. We will be back in the summer to try out that fantastic pool!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2010

We stayed for 4 incredibly relaxing days. The breakfasts were above excellent and the hosts, Beth and Carl, were wonderful. Watching the birds around the feeder just outside the window was great entertainment. The room is fabulous. We stayed in the Golden eye suite and could not be happier. The fireplace and soaking tub were just what we both needed. We look forward to coming back to stay again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2010

The place was beautiful out in the woods with snow covered trees. Being from Florida we get excited over snow and I have over 200 beautiful pictures from the area.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2010

I've stayed at about 5 B&Bs in my life and I must say this was the best. From the moment we arrived, we felt immediately at home. We were greeted and made to feel welcome by Beth, the owner. Beth helped us with our dinner reservations, gave us a tour of the place which was immaculate and then gave us the privacy we needed and pretty much enjoyed the rest of our stay. The room was beyond comfortable and lovely. The breakfast was spectacular. The nearby towns are great for antiquing and the restaurant selection is very good. I highly recommend The Wooden Duck to anyone who wants to get away for a relaxing and enjoyable weekend. I will be back.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta
#1 of 2 in Matamoras
Whistling Swan Inn
Whistling Swan Inn
#1 of 1 in Stanhope

Been to Wooden Duck B&B? Share your experiences!