“Wonderfully stuffed!”
Review of Wooden Duck B&B

Wooden Duck B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Newton B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The Wooden Duck provides a very 'homey' stay. It's warm and inviting and one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed. The rooms are comfortably and tastefully furnished. Breakfast consisted of steaming hot coffee & juice, warm tea bread or muffins, and fruit. Along with that was a vegetable quiche & potatoes one morning, and a peach french toast with scrambled eggs and ham the second morning. I left wonderfully stuffed not only from the breakfast but also from the warmth & comfort of the inn itself and the hospitality of the innkeepers, Beth and Karl. This was my second stay at the Wooden Duck and definitely won't be my last!!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room. I've stayed in the main house and the carriage house. Bot...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Wooden Duck B&B

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was traveling for business and wanted a nice, affordable place to stay for the week. Upon my welcoming arrival, I was given the choice of a second room to choose from that they thought would better accommodate my week long stay. They were right! The room was beautiful and I felt right at home. Beth and Karl were fantastic hosts. Being a Vegetarian, Beth made delicious Vegetarian breakfasts for me each morning. I recommended stay at the Wooden Duck if you are looking for a peaceful, beautiful and relaxing getaway. I plan on returning for a romantic getaway in the future!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We recently had a death in the family, requiring us to travel from Massachusetts to NJ and stay overnight for the funeral. Preferring to support small businesses, I sent an email with a request, also asking for a timely response as we were under a time restraint. Not only did we NOT get a "timely" response, we received no response at all.

As nice as this place may be, I'll never consider it again with this lack of follow-through.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank RalphTomaccio
kkrummel, Owner at Wooden Duck B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

We were totally without power and our systems were shut down due to the Halloween Blizzard, The Inn was totally closed and did not receive the e-mail. We are truly sorry for the storm that closed most of our area down and had no way to respond. I will contact the gentleman and ask his understanding.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

The Wooden Duck is a charming country bed and breakfast that I strongly recommend. I spent two nights there as part of a business trip. What a lovely departure from the usual hotel accommodations that are part of the business traveler's life! The Inn is cozy and inviting and has all that is needed for business travel. Oh, and be prepared for an outstanding elegant gourmet breakfast - a lovely way to start the day!

Dr. Mary Begis, Lakewood Village, TX.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2011

The attention to detail was really wonderful! Beth and Karl were warm and professional. Our breakfast was lovely. We look forward to our next stay. The perfect B & B.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Although brief, we had a wonderfully relaxing time at Wooden Duck. Beth and Karl are gracious hosts - enjoyable to talk to yet respectful of privacy. This is a top notch B&B and one we would return to. Food was good, amenities plentiful, and all in all, an enjoyable stop on our journey.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

The inn is located on a quiet country road and is beautiful. The entire inn has a comfortable, welcoming feeling. Every amenity you could hope to have is available. The living room and game room are roomy and pleasant, and there is even a tall magazine rack with almost any kind of magazine you might like to read. We stayed in the the Mallard room which was quite large with 2 comfy swivel chairs so you can watch the TV or the fireplace. Breakfast was absolutely delicious. We hope to have a reason to return to the area so we can stay there again and enjoy the delightful hospitality provided by Beth and Karl.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta
#1 of 1 in Hamburg
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Tamaracks Country Villa

Been to Wooden Duck B&B? Share your experiences!