Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta
QualityInn
$118
$110
HIExpress.com
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington(Mount Arlington)
$129
Courtyard
All reviewsparking lotsussex countynice hotelclothing storesdunkin donutsboth firm and soft pillowswell run hotelsympathy cardfamily gatheringbreakfast roomevery staff memberfridge and microwavewithin walking distancecomplimentary breakfastfresh fruitvisit familycleaning staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Not bad. I don't know what the other choice in the area is but there doesn't seem to be a lot in this area of NJ. I still drove 30 minutes to my meeting.

Checkin
No problems. I showed up around 8 and the front desk clerk was nice but gave bad driving directions.

Room
Its dated. I thought all were supposed to be renovated but this looked to be 15 years old. it wasnt run down just old looking.

Bed
The bed was OK. I do like the fact that HI Expresses give you both firm and soft pillows.

Bathroom
No problems. It was random for my room but it took a lot of force to pull the level to turn on the shower.

Breakfast
Regular breakfast served at all HI express.

TV
It was an old CRT but the picture was fine.

Overall not bad. I'd stay here again for the same meeting. There is an Applebees in the same parking lot and I didn't venture far but it looked like there was enough food choices in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2010

The hotel was average for the Holiday Inn chain of hotels. They were very good about keeping the snow cleared off of the sidewalks and drive areas.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2008

We were planning on going to Bushkill Falls and were having dificulty finding a hotel available close by that didn't cost a fortune or have bad reviews. I settled on Holiday Inn Express in Newton NJ which Hotels.com said was 13.42 miles from Bushkill Falls. I was disappointed when I learned that the distance quoted was as the crow flies and was actually almost an hour away :( , however, I was pleasantly surprised with the courteous, pleasant staff and the nice clean rooms, (which is extremely important to me). I also would like to point out that this hotel is just across the parking lot from an Applebee's that we had dinner at and we found it to be a pleasant experience as well. By the way, the ride to Bushkill Falls was enjoyable as we had the opportunity to take in some scenery on the way which made the ride not seem as long. I would definately stay here again. Managment deserves a pat on the back.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Likes2hike
Reviewed May 4, 2008

I was going to be in the area and was told that their was a Holiday inn so i called them to make reservation a lady by the name of Monica picked up the phone and had quoted me a rate of $129.00 plus taxes. I was travelling and was on a budget of $100.00 so i asked her if there was any thing less costley in the area she told me no there was nothing for another 40 Miles away. so i decided to do an are search and found that their were five other lodging facilities besides the holiday inn in a ten miles radius. I called her back and told her off. People are going to pay what the can afford and will drive a little furthor to find a place. When you lie like that. It shows you are not helpful to customers and you only care about customers that stay with you. I am sorry to say that is a bad image for and establishment. I would not stay at a hotel that only cares about the O Mighty BUCK. where is he helpfullness gone to. THATS A SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank kenny101969
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We vist relatives often in the Sussex County, NJ area. Believe me when I say there are not many choices. Most are older motels or fancy ski resorts. The Holiday Inn is perfect for us. Easy access to eveything in the area.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. Our room had a refrigerator, microwave and coffemaker. The beds were some of the best we have slept in.
Breakfast was tasty and just what we needed. There are some restaurants ( including a diner ) within a few miles.
Staff was cordial and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family