“Perfect location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Newton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We are "frequent stayers" at Hampton, Marriott.....a 58th high school reunion in the area necessitated our Holiday Inn stay...a lovely building..lobby had the feel of an expensive, city hotel..rooms were very clean, well decorated, offered frig/micro, breakfast area was separate and had the feel of a restaurant...breakfast was very satisfying, nicely offered, food was constantly replenished...the staff was friendly, welcoming and the cookies, fruits, candy, water were available throughout the day.....really enjoyed our stay...Applebees, Kohls, HomeDepot and other stores within walking distance.

Room Tip: we stayed on the first floor and enjoyed being so close to the workout room, business office, lobby...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
newtonexpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Tentative,
Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel.
We loved having your reunion stay with us. Everyone was lovely and a pleasure to have stay with us. We in Newton, do our best to provide quality service to our guests at all times.
It's rewarding to know that we have met our goal during your stay. I have shared your comments
with the entire staff of the hotel. Please come see us again for your next reunion.

Holiday Inn Express
Newton, New Jersey

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We've never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before - if the Newtown hotel is typical of the chain, it's a nice place to stay. The front desk was welcoming, the complimentary chocolate chip cookies in the lobby were a nice touch, as was the coffee that is available 24/7. The hotel has free wifi, which is always appreciated (and should be the norm at this point).

The large room was clean and comfortable. There was a microwave, small refrigerator and coffeemaker in the room. The bed was a bit higher than usual - but fine for us. The pillows were interesting - they had a discreet "firm" and "soft" stitched on them, so you could choose the type you prefer.

Breakfast is complimentary until 10am, but we didn't have breakfast so we cannot comment on it.

Holiday Inn Express' do not have restaurants, but there is an Applebee's a two minute walk from the hotel entrance, and several places to eat within a five minute drive.

Most of the guests staying overnight were there to visit the NJ State Fair.

A solid 3 star hotel in the traditional rating scheme.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
newtonexpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Elaine212,
Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely thoughts about our hotel.
The entire staff strives to provide quality service to our guests at all times.
We love hearing from guests that we have achieved our goal of making you happy.
I do hope that you return to the hotel and I have the chance to meet you.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was having to drive around looking for a hotel as the I80 corrider was sold out. Someone suggested Newton had a Holiday Express. I called and there was only a couple of rooms available so i booked a suite as the alternative was a handicap room. Just as I leave a space designated handicap for the handicapped, I do thye same at hotels.
The property isn't in a very nice location, but hey, I wasn't there for the scenery.
The room was nice, the staff was friendly and knowlegable and right across the parking ,ot was a neighborhood Applebees. So food, drink, local entertainment, and of course a restfull nights sleep.
Hey, even the pillows were good.
It doesn't get much better than that folks.
BTW
It is the gateway to the best hiking trails Jersey has to offer and its very pretty to drive around lost, so to speak.
OLT
Great entertainment locally in Newton. All the B list, ex A list people play in town. I saw Lyle Lovett playing there that night.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
newtonexpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dave,
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We all love the hiking and trails in the area. I am glad you were able to enjoy them during your state. I have shared your comments with the entire staff. We strive to provide quality service to our guests and are glad to know we have exceeded our expectations during your visit. Please come visit us in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was booked at this hotel to attend a meeting over the weekend in Newton. My host had reserved my room for 2 nights, and I decided that I would like to spend some time in NYC and was able to add an additional night without any problem. I found the staff to be very friendly. The room itself was very spacious and clean. I had a king room that was set up like a mini suite. It included a sofa, table and chairs, fridge and microwave, which come in very handy for left-overs from the restaurants. The complimentary breakfast was fine. Nice to be able to fill my travel mug. The location is very convenient with several food outlets nearby, and some nice restaurants in Newton. I was able to drive to Dover and catch the New Jersey Transit train into New York.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Larn796,
I am truly sorry for my delayed response to your review. We, at the Holiday Inn Express loved hearing your kind words about our hotel. I am not sure how I missed your review and truly apologize for that. I am glad that you were able to see N.Y. It is easy to get to from Dover ,as you have already found out. We look forward to your returning to our hotel. I would love to have the opportunity to meet you.
Thanks Again,

Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you are in Sussex county NewJerset for business or pleasure this is a central location to stay. It satisfies all the basic needs and is comfortable with a good free breakfast. Stay here in Newton. While not offering dinner there is a chain resteraunt on short walking distance.

Room Tip: Try to get a room upstairs in the front of the hotel they have a view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
newtonexpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Southermann72,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We, at Holiday Inn Expres pride ourselves on provideing quality service and are happy to hear you were satisfied with your stay. I will pass your comment on to the entie staff .I hope to meet you on a future vist to our hotel.

Guest Service mANAGER

Reviewed May 4, 2013

The room was comfortable and clean. The mattress was good but a bit higher than average. This was fine for me but my wife had to adjust her getting out of bed posture.
The free breakfast was adequate. There was a delay in refilling the morning coffee.
The staff was polite,efficient and courteous.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
newtonexpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Pooh Fan:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review of our hotel.
We try very hard to provide quality service to our guests at all times. The entire staff appreciates
noticing how hard they work to make the hotel a pleasant experience for our guests.
I apologize for the delay with the coffee, and can only assume we had a group of coffee drinkers all at once. Many of our guests do ask where they can purchase our mattresses.
Should your wife need a stool for the bed, we do provide them to guests. This may help her with her bed posture. Again, thank you for your time and kind words. I do hope to meet you during a future stay.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night while attending family wedding. Front desk staff was very friendly on the phone when we requested an early check in. On arrival room was ready early and we were able to get right in which was nice after a long travel day. Room was spotless. Comfortable bed, sitting area with couch & wet bar and computer work area. Bathroom was spacious with large jetted tub, only one small sink though. Wireless internet was fast and easy to connect to. Breakfast in the morning was also good. Cheese omelets, pancakes, fresh fruit, yogurt, cinnamon buns, cereal and more. Way better than the standard waffle maker and stale muffin selection at some other chains. Did not get to use gym this time, while small it seemed to have enough to get a quick workout in and seemed fairly modern and very clean. Would definitely stay here again if coming to the area.

• Stayed: April 2013
newtonexpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

5/1/13
Dear; bluetravellerTexas,
I would like to take a moment to thank you for all your kind words about our hotel.
The entire staff was so happy to hear we satisfied your needs. Our team works very hard to be sure our guests are happy. We look forward to your next visit and I hope to meet you so I can thank you in person.

Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Grand Cascades Lodge
Grand Cascades Lodge
#1 of 1 in Hamburg
Quality Inn near Mountain Creek

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta? Share your experiences!