“Very disappointing”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Adams St
Transit: Bus stop on Spring St.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

While the atmosphere is very warm and cozy, my date and I were seated in a small dining area with a VERY noisy table consisting of adults and small children nearby. The children were not being supervised by anyone. Customers should not have to be exposed to this while TRYING to enjoy a relaxing evening out. Especially, when the restaurant is as expensive as Andre's. The table was so disruptive that they should have been put in a separate room somewhere far away from other guests. The staff completely ignored the problem. The only reason I did not complain was because I didn't want my date to feel badly. He was so looking forward to taking me there. In addition, our food took forever, the portions were ridiculously small, and the waitress kept attempting to take my plate before I was finished. Will not be going there again!!! This review is very recent as we dined there on the evening of November 12th.

1  Thank ldr26

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The highest class restaurant in the area. Very, very nice. Would go more often if it were not so expensive. If you want an elegant meal with fine service this is the place.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Four of us enjoyed a Sunday night theme dinner: Harvest Dinner 2012. I enjoyed all 5 courses, but I especially loved the salad of mixed greens, roasted beets, honey, bacon & poached egg. Mangalista pork was the 4th course, and I was really interested in tasting it, as it is the current darling of foodies--and it was very good, but I can't honestly rave about it. Maybe it's been oversold.
The setting is quite charming, and the food is interesting & delicious, our service was slow but quite pleasant. For us, this is a special occasion restaurant, but I would like to come and eat here again.
You can dress casually, but the prices are pretty high, especially for Sussex County. Our meal was a prix fixe $55, and we had two bottles of wine--final bill was around $400 (incl tip) for 4. But you get what you pay for--the food is excellent, and the wine list is extensive, and you can purchase budget bottles (<$30) as well as more expensive, but very interesting wines.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Was there twice,once just for a quick glass of wine before a show and once more for dinner as we had such a great time. The food is wonderful, service excellent. All wonderful experience.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Great service and excellent cuisine! Everything is dome with thoughtfulness and a sense of good taste.