“Not sure if people know real Thai food or not”
Review of Narin Thai

Narin Thai
Ranked #23 of 57 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I've tried the place 2 or 3 times. To me, it tastes like everything is cooked ahead of time - for example, the chicken is cooked by itself (no seasonings or anything) and depending on what you order, they take the precooked chicken and then put the sauce on top. I cook Thai at home (that is how much I love Thai food) and I can tell you, I make much better at home than they do here. The place is always busy, but that is what happens when you're the only place in town (that has recently changed. another Thai restaurant opened just outside of downtown and they are excellent).

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Very nice - nothing but good things to say. Well prepared, reasonably priced and attentive service. A repeat restaurant for me and my family.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I have been going to Narin Thai for a couple of years now. The food has always been good. The service has always been pretty bad. I was there a few days ago and it will be my last visit. The service was the worst it has ever been. It took an hour to place our order and the place was half empty. After we ordered our food, we waited another 40 minutes for the food to come out. The portions for this dinner were smaller than any lunch portion I ever received there. The plates looked pitiful. We complained to the waitress and her quite snotty response was that they "didn't want to charge more" for a larger plate. Well the plates weren't a quarter full.
On top of the recent portion problem and constant service problems, the restaurant now closes at 8:30 pm on WEEKENDS???!! We were once turned away at 7:30 pm because they closed at 8:30. That is just unreal. I guess this business owner isn't worried about the numerous Thai restaurants opening up in the vicinity. He/she should be since all the people I know have since given their business to the competition. This used to be the only Thai restaurant in the area. I have a feeling the owner got a little cocky and will regret it when they can't pay their minimal and I mean minimal overhead!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

This is a quaint little place, and one of our favorite lunch spots. Have not been there for dinner, but we have had good service at lunches. The food is of very good quality, and very authentic.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Wonderfully prepared Thai dishes in a charming setting.