“Fun lunch with Ladies or little girls!”
Review of Tea Hive - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tea Hive
Cuisines: American
Description: 310 State Route 94 S Newton, NJ 973-579-7177 visit website http://www.teahive.com/
San Antonio, Texas
“Fun lunch with Ladies or little girls!”
Reviewed July 28, 2010

My Mother-in Law placed a reservation for a "Princess Tea" for myself and my 2 little girls and her. It was very cute! As you enter you pass by the lush rural style gardens that are buzzing with bees and pretty flowers. No worries the bees don't bite! We arrived to be greated with our choice of hats. Every lady wears a hat we are told and my 2 young ladies giggled as they picked out theirs.

We were taken back to a small room with about 6 other tables. The tables were pretty with lots of mismatched china in a charming setting. Other families of Ladies (and a few boys) were also having "tea". My Mother-in Law had thought she'd reserved our lunch with Belle from Beauty in the Beast. Our Belle was not really a belle but a young girl dressed in a blue prom dress with a crown, gloves and faux jewels..not excatly what we thought. She was sweet but not Belle! We were given Belle coloring pages and some crafts to keep the girls busy as we placed our order. Lunch was tea sandwiches, breads and desserts piled high on 4 tier plates. It was an impressive presentation.

The food was pretty good although my 4 year old didn't really like the P-B and Fluff that much. The adult selection was much better and the breads and desserts were good. Our "Princess" read us a Belle Story and sang a song from Beauty and the Beast so maybe that made her Belle? Over all it was a very fun lunch but a bit expensive. The girls loved it and we all had fun. The restaurant is in a very old late 1600's farm house filled with neat stuff. Upstairs is a cute local gift shop with lots of tea pots and victorian type items for sale.

3 Thank SpotTVMom