“Now called Hummerbird House”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tea Hive - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tea Hive
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Description: 310 State Route 94 S Newton, NJ 973-579-7177 visit website http://www.teahive.com/
Hackettstown, NJ
“Now called Hummerbird House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

My friend and I went there for lunch on 4/22/14. It was the tea hive now called The Hummingbird House. It wasn't to busy when we got there but by the time we left a pretty good crowd was there. I had the grilled chicken Panini with peppers, fresh mozzarella, fresh spinach, and a balsamic glaze. My friend had the fish sandwich. We both had the homemade potato salad which we were told was the owner's grandmother's recipe. They served homemade iced tea in mason jars. We each had for desert bread pudding. Also good. We will definitely be back again. The prices weren't that bad either.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank coasterfan98

Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“A fine place for a tasty, imaginative lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

We have been there several times, and in each case were very pleased by the decor, cheerful wait-staff and clever, low-key menu of soups, salads and sandwiches. This is not an "action" place: you will see lots of retirees...but also lots of little kids, as they have a very spiffy, "Victorian" party room for your daughter's Tea Party Birthday. Our daughter had three tea-party birthdays there, and they handle them very well, and the girls feel very adult.

2 Thank Quenames
San Antonio, Texas
“Fun lunch with Ladies or little girls!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

My Mother-in Law placed a reservation for a "Princess Tea" for myself and my 2 little girls and her. It was very cute! As you enter you pass by the lush rural style gardens that are buzzing with bees and pretty flowers. No worries the bees don't bite! We arrived to be greated with our choice of hats. Every lady wears a hat we are told and my 2 young ladies giggled as they picked out theirs.

We were taken back to a small room with about 6 other tables. The tables were pretty with lots of mismatched china in a charming setting. Other families of Ladies (and a few boys) were also having "tea". My Mother-in Law had thought she'd reserved our lunch with Belle from Beauty in the Beast. Our Belle was not really a belle but a young girl dressed in a blue prom dress with a crown, gloves and faux jewels..not excatly what we thought. She was sweet but not Belle! We were given Belle coloring pages and some crafts to keep the girls busy as we placed our order. Lunch was tea sandwiches, breads and desserts piled high on 4 tier plates. It was an impressive presentation.

The food was pretty good although my 4 year old didn't really like the P-B and Fluff that much. The adult selection was much better and the breads and desserts were good. Our "Princess" read us a Belle Story and sang a song from Beauty and the Beast so maybe that made her Belle? Over all it was a very fun lunch but a bit expensive. The girls loved it and we all had fun. The restaurant is in a very old late 1600's farm house filled with neat stuff. Upstairs is a cute local gift shop with lots of tea pots and victorian type items for sale.

3 Thank SpotTVMom