“travelling with students...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Round Rock, Texas
“travelling with students...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

we stay in this hotel every year with our students. It is a pretty nice hotel, but needs some tweeking.
the adjoining door between our room and the next was not locked when we checked in. The mirror was dirty. Little things. BUT it is a very comfortable bed and nice breakfast.

Room Tip: lots of student trips use this hotel, ask where they are being housed. Get a different floor or sta...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Freddy H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. I understand that the noise was an issue during your stay; while we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods we certainly do encourage for guests comfort and safety that they contact the front office so we can calm the issue. I apologize that you're comfort was interrupted by other guests and I have shared your review with our security team to ensure that this is not an opportunity in the future. I do hope the next time you return to Newark you consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed here after late flight from London Heathrow. Telephoned and front desk was very helpful in directing me to the hotel shuttle which required a bus to a separate location to pick up the hotel shuttle . Nice room, very clean but showing a little age in the bathrooms. Good facilities and good breakfast buffet. Convenient for flying in or out of Newark. I felt that there was also good security at this hotel.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments and your high recommendation. As you mentioned we are not a luxury property but we do aim to provide our guests with exceptional service and clean and comfortable accommodations so I am very pleased that we were able to accomplish this during your stay. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back and call you our guest once again.
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

There's a huge issue with anything at Newark Airport now that the Airtrain isn't operational. It took us over an hour to get from the shuttle bus (which stops at every terminal) to the hotel shuttle to the hotel. The hotel is in dire need of renovation. Everything is old...The furnishings are dated. The bathrooms aren't up to today's standards. The best part? The toiletries are Crabtree and Evelyn. Shuttle runs every 20 minutes to returning to EWR isn't a problem.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and other travelers. We are so sorry about the inconvenience due to Port Authority suspended the AirTrain service. Also, we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the condition of our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

After a long flight I arrived at night, didn't find the iron (it's supposed to be in each room there), called the front desk and soon somebody brought the iron to me. 15 min later the iron turned out to be not working at all so I called the operator, requested the iron again.
Operator: We don't have any more irons.
Me: The one which you brought to me doesn't work, I really need the iron, please help.
Operator (in cold voice): I got it but we don't have them.
Me: Don't you have them irons in each room here?
Operator: Why don't you relax? (Operator hung up).
Me (on the phone with the front desk): I really need the iron. Someone brought to me the broken one. Besides your operator was rude to me and hung up on me.
Front desk: You know what? You should respect us and then we will respect you!!!
Me: What??? Could you let me know what kind of disrespect you have received from me???
Front desk: Ok. Anyway, do you need us to get you another iron?
Me: Well, I think I feel unhappy here and not just because it's a missing iron here.
Front desk: If you don't like it here you can leave, no problem.
Me: Oh yeah?! Ok, I'm leaving then...
Front desk: Hmm... Don't you want to talk to the manager?
Me: Yep. Put the manager on.
Manager (sounds like the operator who hung up minute ago): How can I help you?
Me: I don't like it here. People are rude to me here. I want to leave.
Manager (in cold voice): You can leave.
Packing my things, leaving, at the door bumping into the bellboy with the iron for me... Tipping him and leaving that beutiful place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Nikolay I
West Bend
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

The friendly staff can't quite make up for the deteriorating physical condition of this hotel. The shuttle buses are disgusting, and the hotel itself is showing lots of signs of age. Beds are comfortable, and bathroom supplies OK, but the hotel is beginning to feel old, run-down and not as clean as it could be.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the physical condition of this hotel and shuttle bus. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Bridgeport, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

The kids love the place because the pool, I missed the spa and the pool area is a little bit cold. The staff are so nice and polite. I recommend for other the stars for me is 3 1/2, in good way... ok good ok good

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and other travelers. I am delighted to hear that you had such wonderful time and you were able to enjoy the pool. I will be sure to share your kind thoughts with the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Reykjavik
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Nice Hotel near EWR airport with free shuttle to and from the airport. The wifi is not free
but since I booked the Hotel at Hotwire I got a good deal. Only 100 USD pr. Night with Tax.
The shuttle runs every 20 minutes.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Freddy H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write the great review! I appreciate all of the details. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and you liked our shuttle service. We really strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. We hope we will see you again very soon!