“Pretty airport location”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Pretty airport location”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed here last week while in NJ on business. The location is real convenient to the airport and the shuttles run timely back and forth. The room was clean and comfortable and we enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning. It was really good for an airport hotel and we would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Freddy H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write the great review! I appreciate all of the details. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for noticing the helpfulness of the staff. We really strive to exceed our guest’s expectations! I am also glad that you liked the location and we are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
newark, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Tried to book military/government rate at counter and was told that there was no availability, then went into foyer and used there online reservation system and was able to book same room with military rate, was also told by front desk manager that my retired military id card does not make me goverment. I wanted to rip into him, it was like saying that me serving in Iraq wasnt good enough for him to allow ,me do have the same government rate that I have been allowed with my id card since I have been medically retired.

1 Thank Jeremiah J
Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review! I appreciate all of the details. We are very happy that you liked out hotel. Also, we are sorry that there was a misunderstanding about our hotel policies. Please email me at freddyhou@columbiasussex.com and I will be more than happy to make the reservation for you in the future.
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We were very pleased with the DoubleTree. Parking lot gate attendant was very welcoming, check-in was a delight (especially with the complimentary cookie), and the room was very comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located right next to an airport long-term parking lot (Wally Park).

Probably the only downside to this hotel is they do offer long-term parking if you are flying out, but they charge nearly double what you can park elsewhere for. I would really like to see at least a discounted rate for hotel guests at least....

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Freddy H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. It is always good to know that location of our hotel was to your like as well as our room and gate staff. We want to create a memorable stay for our guests and it is good to know that we reached this goal during your stay with us. We will be looking forward to your future stays.
Just for your information, we do have a paring and fly package which is including one night stay and 14 days parking. Please call 18668561785 to book this package.
United States
Reviewed May 8, 2014

First, newark airport is really screwed up. Very little concern for traveler. Off site rental car located in seedy dirty location, extremely difficult to find and possibly at time during the weekdays impossible to access. Front desk tried to help with location of car return, incorrect help really messed us up, only made plane due to inbound delay of equipment. Bathroom specifically shower in disrepair. HVAC dirty and questionable. Staff is great very sweet, all of the staff, but the hotel is screaming past due for a refurbishment. Property seems under invested.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I would like to personally thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Newark airport and giving us the opportunity to serve you.
I can understand how frustrating the situation must have been for you and I would like to pass my sincere apology for the inconvenience you had to go through, I can assure you this is definitely not how we operate here at the DoubleTree by Hilton.
The Airtrain service at Newark Airport was suspended by local port authority recently. However, We will do our best to help our guest during this inconvenience time.
Winchester, Tennessee
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This hotel was clean and the staff was very courteous. The only problem we encountered was that one of the elevators was not working correctly. Luckily no one was on it when the problems occurred. They were out of the complimentary cookies when we checked on them, but they promised to have some ready a little later.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and other travelers. I am delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy your room. I will be sure to share your kind thoughts with the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This Doubletree was a little outdated. The room and bathroom were clean however the furiture and bathroom fixtutures were worn looking. The bedding was comfortable and what you expect as advertised "Sweet Dreams". The lobby was very nice and all of the staff were wonderful. We were always greeted and welcomed when we entered. After a long day in NYC upon entering I had asked the front desk if they had any bottled water, and although they were out, they had room service deliver an ice bucket with chilled bottled water. Nice touch! When returned on the last night of our four night stay our room had not be cleaned. I called the Care Line and the room was then serviced. I was tired and had to stay in the lobby area while they cleaned. That was a bummer. The restaurant serves decent (good) food for being in the Hotel. There are no other restaurants nearby except one in the Ramada Inn located next to the Doubletree. We had dinner there one night, and were very pleased with the food. I had a sandwich that was piled high with turkey, ham, bacon, cheese, lettuce and tomatos. Many Airline Pilots and flight attendants stay at this hotel. Would I stay here again? Yes- but I would be sure to stay in a room without leaky faucets. Maybe other floors had been updated...however we had requested the top floor. Our room was not on the Hilton Honors floors so maybe those floors were updated. I did mention to the front desk about the faucets and they offered to send someone up however I declined -as it was already late in the evening the night before we checked out. I should have complained earlier in our stay, however I had expected housekeeping would have noted the leaks and had the faucet repaired. I placed hand towlels around the countertop to absorb the water. When leaving we used the free hotel airport shuttle and were very happy with the service. The ariport tram was out of order (thank goodness), so we were dropped off right at the South West airlines entrance.

Room Tip: Although right near the airport there is not the typical noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you like our staff and shuttle service . I will be sure to share your kind comments with our team. Also, please accept our sincere apology as we failed to 100% meet your expectation. Once we received your comment, we looked into the problem and nailed down for a solution. Please rest assured that this problem will not happen again. We look forward to welcoming you all back soon for another memorable stay.
California, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The Marriott at this location was delightful! Courteous staff were more then helpful and always polite. The room is large and clean and the location worked well for me. I would definitely recommend this well appointed hotel as a great place to stay. GPS & MapQuest are a little off with directions. Address is Whippany but hotel is in Hanover. :)