“Overnight Stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Newark
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I had an early flight out of Newark so I stayed 1 night and along with my stay I was able to leave my car for the duration of my 7 day trip. Always stay at Doubletree Hotels because there are no surprises. Very nice accommodations, great staff, fair price and special treatment for Hilton Honors members. For a short stay and convenient acess to the airport excellent choice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brian C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel! I appreciate all of the details you outlined, especially those of the various staff members who assisted you. It is our primary goal to exceed our guests expections each and every time. We value your business and look forward to being of service to you in the near future when traveling and trust you will select The DoubleTree by Hilton Newark Airport as your home away from home!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,579)

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Room was fine, staff was great, hotel is convenient to airport. I am still amazed that these pricey hotels can get away without offering some of the free services (internet and breakfast). I paid too much for too little.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Freddy H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent stay, we are so glad that you like our staff and location. We strive for personalized experience for each of our guests, actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The stay was for a funeral... The BAR gets THUMB UP for 2/7/14.... Great job Bartender & Cooks we had a great time there.... The stay was great wish we could have stayed longer.... The shuttle was good.... I wish some of the expensive for wi-fi was free but that's the hotel life.... Great job overall....

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Freddy H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and other travelers. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind thoughts with the rest of the team especially F&B and transportation department. They would be thrilled to know that he had such an impact on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

- Long wait at airport for shuttle that was not FULL - Room was not up to standards. Bathroom and carpet needed a deep cleaning - Window view of rooftop air conditioners - Breakfast in restaurant was terrible. Buffet was not stocked, food was not hot, service was marginal, chairs were dirty and cushions were torn/worn out - no reply from management on concerns after 1 week

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John E

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you were treated with an undesirable level of service. Our front office manager have contacted you and we have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in Newark. we would love to have you come back and experience a better level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed for just one night after the airline stranded me here. No response when calling the hotel from the airport shuttle phone desk, but the shuttle showed up a couple minutes later anyhow, so no big deal, still, I thought it odd that no one picked up.
At check, you get a nice warm gooey cookie, that was a nice start.
Upon getting to my room on the 10th floor, there was a pardon the dust sign as they upgrade that area which appeared to be rather run down/dated.
Entering the room, it seemed very ordinary, 2 beds, a flat screen tv, older wood furniture showing plenty of wear, a small clock radio with aux input for an iPod, an aged bathroom and shower/tub with a curtain that wouldn't close due to the bar sagging from the wall. There was no safe provided, just a note on the door saying don't leave valuables, bring them all to the hotel safe.
The shower was ok, but it took about 3-4 minutes to finish draining after my shower.
Nice view of the airport, I could watch the planes take off and didn't have any real noticeable noise.
The gym was ok, enough equipment for 10 or so people to work out I'd say.
The pool was freezing, despite being indoors and looking ok, it was maybe 60* or so, I didn't get last my ankles.
The restaurant was decent, but there was no included breakfast as I had presumed there would be.
Also no free wifi, not even in the common areas. I stay mostly in overseas hotels where wifi and breakfast are pretty standard, so this was a bummer, but in fairness they did provide some public computers for use.
In the end, it just seemed old and lacking in modern standard amenities.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Did the Sleep, Park, Fly option and was very pleased. The room was very nice, clean, and quiet. Love that they put the comforter between two sheets! Can't deal with the usual nasty hotel spreads. Ugh! The food in their restaurant was tasty. The airport shuttle was very convenient and the drivers polite and helpful. They have an outstanding employee, Lionel, who literally chopped the ice that had formed around my car tires, finally freeing my car. Will definitely use this hotel again before an early morning flight.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Brian C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel! I appreciate all of the details you outlined, especially for recognizing Lionel who assisted you. It is our primary goal to exceed our guests expections each and every time. We value your business and look forward to being of service to you in the near future when traveling and trust you will select The DoubleTree by Hilton Newark Airport as your home away from home!

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I arrived today and the hotel gave me an excellent first impression... but things were not so good... turned on my notebook and realized that Internet was not available! Phoned the front desk and told me it cost 5$ per day! Doubletree & hilton is absolutetly outdated! I've been sleeping in Holiday Inn's, Sleep Inn's and even Days Inn's and never payed for Internet access!! .... bad for Hilton. .

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

I appreciate your review of your recent stay. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. We strive to personalize each guest's experience and keep costs affordable in doing so. Thank you for your review.