DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Service in restaurant was below par compared to your other hotels...I ask for coffee and no one ever came...finally got a cup to go. The rest of my stay was excellent...room service was fine and the shuttle to the airport was on time and the check in and out was very smooth....the other issue was I was locked out twice as the lock did not work...reported it ...it was room 633

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Freddy H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark Airport. I am so glad that you liked our room service and shuttle service. Also, I sincerely apologize that our restaurant didn't meet your expectation. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in Newark we would love for you to stop back again. Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,575)

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This property is an old Sheraton that is tired and needs updating!! Located across from the airport, next to a busy expressway and sandwiched next to a tired Ramada Inn, train freight yard and close to a prison. Nothing to do around the property but stay in your room or go to the overpriced restaurant/bar area. The one bright spot is they have updated their fitness center. It was remodeled and relocated to a bigger area. Brighter lights, new equipment.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Rooms are decent and spacious. Bed comfy. Food in the restaurant was great, service was top notch.

HOWEVER soo loud on rooms facing the atrium. Level 6 is the "Hilton Honors Level" which is more like the you will get no sleep level. I had to call the front desk to have them turn down the music, which they obliged nicely, and i asked if they had ear plugs but they did not :(

Also there was this loud bang every 45 minutes, which woke me up at 1230am and 245am on a Tuesday night when I had to get up at 5am. I called the front desk and said it might be "trucks" dropped off stuff, but then I said my room is facing the SWIMMING POOL - he had no answer and said he would have engineering check it out....yea nothing changed.

You can also hear the front desk telephone ringing from my room - cause that is necessary!

My advice is get a room above the atrium or just dont stay here.

Room Tip: no atrium facing room, stay above level 6 if you want sleep. Bring earplugs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Freddy H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in Newark you will consider staying with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because NY was expensive. Shuttle picks you up at airport and we took it every day in order to take it back to airport to catch train to New York. Now, we are not young travelers and in our late 50s, and if we can do it, you can too! Hotel is loud at night with people talking in lobby even on the 6th floor. So bring ear plugs. Bed is sooo comfy!! We slept in every morning. Bath tub had some damage but its not a 5 star hotel. Since we had no car it made our stay adventurous.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank wendi l

Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor, and we are glad you liked our location, and friendly staff. We are sorry about the noise that was not up to our usual standard and can assure you that we are addressing this issue. We hope you will give us another chance, and return soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here for our group tour with the marching band. Our band was in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. They did a great job taking care of our meals with the large group. The staff was always nice and happy to take care of all the band members and family. I understand what they served for breakfast was easy but they could have added a little variety. The kids were tired of the breakfast by the end of the week.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Brian C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel! I appreciate all of the details you outlined, especially those of the various staff members who assisted you. It is our primary goal to exceed our guests expections each and every time. We value your business and look forward to being of service to you in the near future when traveling and trust you will select The DoubleTree by Hilton Newark Airport as your home away from home!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed here after being stranded due to a missed connection at the airport. My travel agent sent me to the DoubleTree for the night and I wasn't disappointed. The staff were very friendly, which is a rarity for the New York area. The rooms were exactly what I expected from a DoubleTree hotel - modern furnishings, clean bathroom, and a very comfortable bed. Hilton does a very good job of ensuring that every DoubleTree meets an exacting standard, which means that no matter where I am I know what I'm going to get from a DoubleTree.
I should mention that the hotel has a large atrium with a swimming pool in it, which could make things quite noisy for guests with an interior room. My favorite part was that the hot tub was filled with soil and palm trees and has been turned into a giant planter! I hope to never be stranded in Newark again, but if I am I'll stay at the DoubleTree.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Freddy H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

We appreciate your TripAdvisor review of our hotel, and our staff thanks you very much for your awesome comments! We are always happy to know that guests appreciate the convenience of our location, and the comfort of our Sweet Dreams beds. We hope we will see you again very soon!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

They made me feel so welcome- the room was clean, lots of room and the beds are really comfortable. The check in process was quick- they were very attentive and the warm cookies are delicious! I ordered room service which arrived in under 30 minutes- i had the flat bread pizza- not great- but okay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brian C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013