“enjoyable stay after adjustments to room”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Newark
philadelphia, United States
“enjoyable stay after adjustments to room”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

some rooms not up to quality of others. Initial room was not acceptable, had dirty exterior windows and pealing wall paper. Front desk was responsive to our request for a change, but it took a few calls and insistence.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Freddy H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement.We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Really comfortable bed -- but can't say much more about the hotel than that. Upon check in we were given our keys, got to our room (which was quite a hike) and neither my key, nor my colleagues worked. We had to go all the back down to the lobby. Very few convenient power outlets in the room. Nothing bedside without moving furniture. Bathroom was adequate but nothing impressive.

At checkout time there was nobody at the front desk, but there were a line of people waiting! I just wanted a zero balance receipt. When he finally showed up, he said, "sorry im all by myself here"

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again
New York
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed one night in this hotel. Previously, we have stayed in a nearby hotel, Windham Garden. The Windham is nicer and cheaper so we will stay there next time. This hotel did not measure up to the other DoubleTree we have stayed in, in Burlington, VT. We were disappointed in the lack of cleanliness in this hotel. There were stains on the carpet and on the curtains. A sign stated we should lock our balcony door, but the lock did not work. We called and someone came and fixed it. We didn't feel comfortable here and won't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay. Your feedback is a valuable component in monitoring our success and identifying areas that need improvement.

Meeting your expectations is our primary objective and I apologize that we fell short of that goal. Your comments are being reviewed with our staff so that corrections can be made.
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Just an older property that needs a lot of remodeling money put into it. It is
close to airport and shuttle runs on time, but there are a lot of other hotel
options just as close. I dealt with a few Hotel staff and all were rude.
Lastly, when I checked out I asked for a receipt and was told "Sorry we don't
print them. We will email u one later."

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Freddy H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.
Rohnert Park, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Everything was great about the stay until I received a note at my door telling me I was checking out a full day earlier than what I had booked! I called the front desk, and the woman told me she was having computer problems and would call me back as soon as they were resolved. She did not call me back. My reservation had been fixed by the time I went to the front desk in person, but they left me hanging unnecessarily.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered express check out problems. We have discussed this with our front desk staff and will make every effort to be sure our staff meet the highest check in/out standards. Please give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.
TORONTO
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Came with a group tour here. The check in was a breeze. The front desk staff were very nice and so were the free cookies Great treats!

The information small desk area right when you came in, the Indian man who was at that desk was very rude and did not help us in directions to New York City. We asked several questions and were given not precise answers which was very unhelpful. No maps or brochures' were given when asked. My advice is even if you are having a bad put on a smile this ruins the image for a Hilton Hotel Chain. The great shuttle bus driver we asked went to that same desk to grab us a paper with all the directions and helped us on our was we were very very impressed with the Shuttle Service.

PROS:
Rooms were quite bigger than expected and free bottled water is a nice touch
24 hour free shuttle service to the airport
Free Cookies
Indoor Pool was amazing (Very nice and clean)
Gym huge and great equipment
Front desk and Shuttle very nice and helpful
Reception area was very welcoming and nice
Very nice décor

CONS:
-Wifi needs to be paid for (Nowadays it should be free)
-Elevators came down slow and wait times can be real clogged up.
-The pillows were way too soft!
-Gift shop closes at 10pm (You should set up some vending machines)

Overall enjoyed my stay. Would I come back? Possibly yes but because of no free wifi in room I would either go to Marriott chains.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor. Make sure you room isn't on the same floor as the conference or party room...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Freddy H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you were treated with an undesirable level of service. I have addressed these issues with the staff. Also, we forward your kind comment to our shuttle driver and front desk. The next time you are in Newark we would love to have you come back and experience a better level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Bath, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Your bar has terrible service. Employees kept looking at us but no service. Someone else sat next to us at the bar but did not receive service either. The other two people at the bar said the service was very poor. we waited 15 minutes and left. We were acknowledged when we entered. But no one would wait on us. We were told by someone else at the bar service was better at the Ramada next door. So we walked there. We were greeted and served right away. The room was clean and ready when we got there.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel and restaurant. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with the restaurant service have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#4 of 14 in Elizabeth

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport? Share your experiences!