“The best way to start a vacation - Shirley from Seaside Park”

Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Newark
seaside park, nj
“The best way to start a vacation - Shirley from Seaside Park”
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We had a 6am flight to catch and decided instead of having to leave our home at 2:30am, we would spend the night. It was fabulous!! The person at the desk could not have been friendlier. The room was great and even though we were so close to the airport, we never heard any outside noise. The beds were comfortable, and the room was clean. We received our wakeup call and at 4am, boarded the shuttle and within minutes, we were at our terminal. It actually seemed as though we started our vacation a day earlier. We will definately stay there again if we have an early flight. It was wonderful.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
managementewr, Manager at Wyndham Garden Newark Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2010
Dear Shirley:
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am happy that we met your expectations and your stay was enjoyable. Hoping to see you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
east coast
Reviewed March 14, 2010

The whole place reeks of cigarette smoke, from the lobby, to the hallways. We had a non-smoking room, and it wasn't quite as smelly as the rest of the property. But we made the mistake of starting the heater, and in 5 minutes my eyes were watering from the smell. I think their ventilation system is full of cigarette smoke residue. So one has to choose: heat or oxygen, 'cause one cannot have both!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank xyzt
managementewr, Manager at Wyndham Garden Newark Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2010
Dear Valued Guest. I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable...Our heating and air-condition system is not through any type of central venting. It is called a PTAC unit which is individual for every guestroom...So any smell of smoke may have been a new unit installed and unfortunately when first used, may have had an odor, but it is our experience that it does quickly dissipates...The odor is caused because of the coils heating up for the first time. I just wish you notified the front desk of your concerns or dissatisfaction, because they are instructed to always satisfy the guest and to offer a room change. Since, this is the first time I am hearing of this issue, I will have the hotel's maintenance department check the PTAC unit for any malfunctions...perhaps you can reach out to us and advise us what guest room you stayed in, if that’s not possible, and because of your concerns, I will ask them to check all of them. Thank you for your input, and I can only hope that you give us another opportunity to meet your expectations.
newton
Reviewed March 13, 2010

I have stayed at the Marriott, Best Western, Days Inn, Hampton Inn over the years for the sleep park and fly program. Wyndham Garden Hotel beats them all; the staff was extremely helpful and curteous; the rooms were clean; there is a small restaurant on premises; I was actually delayed coming back to EWR due to a snowstorm. I called the hotel to notify them that my car would be there another day and they were extremely understanding; When I stayed at the Best Western, I actually had to park my car off premises; The price to stay here is cheaper than leaving the car at the airport for the week; The shuttle to the aiport leaves every 20-30 minutes 24 hours a day; I will always stay here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
managementewr, Manager at Wyndham Garden Newark Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2010
Dear Valued Guest..thank you the feedback..I am very happy our Park and Fly package, suited your requirements and you enjoyed your stay...Hoping to see you again...Thank you
Wilkes-Barre, PA
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Wifey and I booked here for the sleep & fly before a trip to Cancun with our daughters, sons in law and grandkids. We got the room and parking 'free' using reward points from our credit card, but after extensive research the rest of our crew booked also, paying the regular way as they could find no better deal nearby. The hotel is well maintained, the rooms clean and quiet with free WiFi. We had drinks and a snack at the lounge, reasonable, tasty and enjoyable. In our rush to get to our flight the next AM I left some shirts on hangers in the closet. After a call to the front desk from Mexico, the shirts were waiting for us when we went to pick up the car, wrapped in plastic, I was happy to tip the lady who covered for my mistake. When flying out of Newark in the future, we won't bother looking elsewhere, this will be our choice.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank BillFromPA
Dear Valued Guest..I am so happy we met your expectations and the hotel with our Park, Stay and Fly Package suited your needs...Looking forward to hosting your next visit...Thank you and hoping to see you soon !
Venice, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We had an early morning Flight from EWR to Roatan, Honduras which we could not miss because there is only one flight per week. To ensure we arrived at the airport on time we booked a room for an overnight stay at the Wyndham Garden which included free parking for the time we were gone. As it turned out, there was a blizzard the day of our arrival and the Airport was basically closed down. The lobby was buzzing when we arrived with stranded travelers but the front desk was well staffed and our check in was fast and efficient. Our room was a nice size and very clean with a fresh scent and very quiet. We used the business computer room to check our flight status and send some emails. We had a great dinner in the lounge which had a nice sports atmosphere.
In the morning we confirmed our flight status on the business room computer and took the hotel shuttle to the airport. The shuttle driver was great and got us to our gate area with time to spare.
On returning, we took the shuttle back to the hotel. Since we were self parked, we brought our bags directly to the car. It was 9PM and we had a 2 hour ride back to CT so we decided to have another “Greek” dinner at the hotel lounge before heading home.
Our last stay in the NYC area was last December at the Waldorf Astoria. The accommodations were a lot more glamorous but our stay at the Wyndham Garden was equally as enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ripcord-Captain-Bob
managementewr, Manager at Wyndham Garden Newark Airport, responded to this review, March 9, 2010
Dear Valued Guest...Thanks for the feedback....I am very happy that we met your needs and your stay was enjoyable...Hope to see you again...Thank you
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed March 4, 2010

A routine one-night stay without any unpleasant surprises. Room was clean, check-in prompt. Attractive lobby. Had a late dinner and breakfast the next morning in their restaurant, and service was very good. Food was good value for the money for a hotel restaurant. The bar next to the restaurant was small which didn't matter to me but I mention for completeness.

I didn't particularly care for the tiny shelf in the bathroom or the lack of a soap tray in the shower. The bathroom had a pedestal sink with a shelf above, which is about 6" or so deep, not very much room to put toiletries. It was long enough, but I just found it a bit awkward.

I had no trouble sleeping but three other colleagues said they found their beds quite uncomfortable.

If you want a hotel near the airport, free shuttle, free Internet, free parking, business center and fitness room and a cheap rate, it should fill the bill.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank swissvalian
managementewr, Manager at Wyndham Garden Newark Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
Dear Valued Client...Thank you for taking the time to share your experience...I am glad your visit was "problem free" and you enjoyed your stay. Hoping we have another opportunity to host your next visit.
honibee126
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Stayed overnight to escape from reality. What a pleasant surprise. The room was small, but quaint and clean. We even forgot something and when we contacted the front desk they were prompt with a replacement. The bed was extremely comfortable. Free, secure parking. Complimentary wireless internet, so I got some work done. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
managementewr, Manager at Wyndham Garden Newark Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2010
Dear Valued Guest. Thank you the feedback. I am happy that we were able to deliver a good experience and you enjoyed your stay. Hoping to see you again...Thank you