WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Dunnellon
“good hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I like the location, very close to airport, they have a 24 hr food place, the only thing is the beds are to hard and they only have one kind of pillow and i had neck and back surgery and it was not comfortable for me, but next time i will take my own pillow, they did their best to accomadiate me. ill stay there again,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Korean first
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Wyndham Gardens is truly a great stay. Above all my review is in regards to the Front Desk Staff as I truly have not had such hospitable, and gracious customer service in a very long time. A special thank you to Jose who everyday greeted me with a warm smile, a how are you, and is there anything we can do to make your stay better. Above all he would go out of his way to call me every night and ask if I would like a wake up call the next morning without me evening having to ask anyone. He went out of his way to find directions for me and actually was a reason that I chose to extend my stay with Wyndham for a few extra days as I was needing to stay longer in the Newark area.

I highly reccomend this hotel as the rooms, location, and again staff truly make it one of the best in the area. The personal touches really make a difference. Thank you so much!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I first stayed here when the hotel was known as RAMADA. Since it has been rebranded by Wyndham the hotel has had a complete makeover. The foyer entrance is warm and inviting, leading you straight to reception area. The staffs are always polite, courteous and professional and check me in with speed and efficiency. The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable and clean and the bathroom stocked with plush white towels and amenities. Every room has a safe, iron and ironing board and coffee maker. However, what makes me return time and time again is the warm reception that I receive from every staff member, many of whom has been with the hotel from the very beginning.
As if to reinforce this commitment that the staffs have for their customers, I recently accidentally left my credit card at reception upon checking in. Fortunately, receptionist Val rang my room to say she had found it and was keeping it safe for me and would ensure it was returned personally.
Having stayed in many hotels around the Newark Airport area over the years, this is by far the best value for money, location and comfort.

Chris, UK

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are close to the business and fitness room.
Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris G
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights with my boyfriend, and it was a pretty nice stay. One of the best parts of the hotel was the food ! All I can say is wow ! The food was amazing, only bad thing was that it took a while for the food to come out. The rooms where an adverage stay. The bed was good, the pillows where awesome. This hotel is a good place to go for a night or two, it's not a luxury hotel. If that's what you are looking for I would not recommend staying there. Other then that would I stay there again, the answer would be yes.

• Stayed June 2013
Highland Park, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great price point, but really not worth the save if you need to travel to the city. However this review is not about the city pricing or tolls, but the hotel itself.

The shuttle service is unreliable in terms of timing, too small to run every 30 minutes as there are more people and luggage than the bus can take. Additionally though, if it actually ran on the 30 minutes then maybe it would be OK, it is more like 45 minutes. Thanks to the location (off a highway) of the hotel, it is an absolute nightmare to find. Despite looking out at the runway, it takes 20-30 minutes to get from the airport to the hotel.

The hotel amenities are OK, they do have a pool, though outdoors. You have to pay to use the business center which is a first for me. $3 minimum for credit cards and 25c a page for printing!

Bar has a nice feel to it, but the restaraunt is more like a diner style, cheerful, but not overly cheap!

All in all the hotel will not see me back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
managementewr, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Newark Airport, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Guest thank you for your opinion. It is always disheartening when we don’t meet a guest’s expectations. Our complimentary shuttle busses' are 24 passenger vehicles. That runs every 30 minutes. It is on very rare occasions that the shuttle cannot accommodate everyone. When this occurs the bus makes a double trip. The ride form the hotel to the airport and vica versa is only 5 minutes unless there is traffic. We apologize for any delays. We also offer 100% FREE Complimentary WIFI to all our guests and the business center does have a nominal fee, but boarding pass can be printed complimentary. Thank you