“Good location”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Cornubia Qld
“Good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Convenient location and free shuttle bus between the hotel and airport is great, as you can use this to commute to Nw York, cheaper than staying at a hotel in Manhattan. Good room, allowed to smoke, comfortable king size bed. Only down side no opening windows, and ran out of hot water two nights in a row. Need to update their transport memo pricing as information and details correct pricing was way off. Resturant and house keeping we're very good. Would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

My connecting flight at Newark Airport was cancelled. No flight out till tomorrow afternoon. I called hotel after hotel. One hotel gave me a reservation, but when I got there 5 minutes later, they had given the last room away. "Sorry, people got here before you." REALLY? I called the Wyndham. Eddie told me that they had one room left. PLEASE, I begged, save it for me. He was so sweet and assured me that the room was mine. And, it WAS! Eddie and Carlotta at the front desk were 2 of the most helpful, cheerful, pleasant hotel personnel I have ever encountered (and I travel a LOT). Eddie offered me toiletries. Carlotta told me that the gift shop sold underwear (oh, did I mention that the airlines had also "misplaced" my luggage?). Eddie and the Wyndham saved me. When a traveller is in distress, hotel personnel who stick to their reservation word and then truly try to de-stress you are priceless. I so appreciate their professionalism and kindness. No more Holiday Inn for me. I am now a Wyndham fan and am in love with Eddie! If you are adrift at Newark Airport, I highly recommend that you call the Wyndham first.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo