“30th HS Reunion” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Garden Newark Airport

Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Newark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

My connecting flight at Newark Airport was cancelled. No flight out till tomorrow afternoon. I called hotel after hotel. One hotel gave me a reservation, but when I got there 5 minutes later, they had given the last room away. "Sorry, people got here before you." REALLY? I called the Wyndham. Eddie told me that they had one room left. PLEASE, I begged, save it for me. He was so sweet and assured me that the room was mine. And, it WAS! Eddie and Carlotta at the front desk were 2 of the most helpful, cheerful, pleasant hotel personnel I have ever encountered (and I travel a LOT). Eddie offered me toiletries. Carlotta told me that the gift shop sold underwear (oh, did I mention that the airlines had also "misplaced" my luggage?). Eddie and the Wyndham saved me. When a traveller is in distress, hotel personnel who stick to their reservation word and then truly try to de-stress you are priceless. I so appreciate their professionalism and kindness. No more Holiday Inn for me. I am now a Wyndham fan and am in love with Eddie! If you are adrift at Newark Airport, I highly recommend that you call the Wyndham first.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We made a stay, park and fly reservation and arrived as the hotel's computer system crashed. The staff handled the emergency with extraordinary courtesy and professionalism, minimizing the inconvenience on a busy Friday night. The room was clean and very quiet, the restaurant inexpensive and quite good, and the ride to the airport quick and efficient. We'll definitely do this again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple