“Serviceable hotel near airport”

Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Serviceable hotel near airport”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed here for one night (Thursday). I got the hotel shuttle from Newark Airport w/no problem; they are scheduled to come every 30 minutes. The shuttle arrived to the hotel's secure lot after a very short drive.
I found the front desk staff to be pleasant and accommodating and I was able to check in a few minutes early on a very busy day there.
The hotel lobby included a bar and restaurant; I did not try either. It also had a counter where you could order coffee, other drinks, breakfast items, and ready-made salads and sandwiches. The coffee was good and the bagels standard. Good service there. The lobby also had a small store
where you could get snacks, drinks, toiletries, gifts, etc. I was glad they had energy drinks there.
My room was on the 3rd floor. I did not hear any noise from the rooms above me or beside me during my stay.
I had a king room. It was quite small but for one person staying only a short time it was fine. The bathroom was very small. Basically if you wanted to have the door closed while you were using the toilet, you needed to shut the door first. There was little room to set down the toiletries. The towels were thin. They provided a nice assortment of shampoo, lotion, etc. The water pressure in the shower was good. I found the bathroom to be clean.
The room had a flat screen TV, no complaints there. They provided 2 bottles of water. The bed was comfy and I did not notice any dirt, bugs or other signs of uncleanliness.
My room overlooked a courtyard. You can definitely hear the planes flying overhead but that is what you get when you stay so close to the airport.
The Wifi in the room was free and easy to use, no problems there.
The business center and fitness center were located on the 2nd floor. I was able to use one of the computers free of charge in order to print my boarding pass, but if you want to use them for
pretty much any other reason, you have to pay for it.
The hotel really isn't near anything. The front desk staff suggested a particular cab service. It was prompt and I used it twice to get to/from downtown Newark, but it was expensive, so I suggest doing some research first.
The next morning I caught the shuttle back to the airport - again it departed on the half-hour. The driver did not ask where I was going so I ended up walking a bit to my airline.
Overall I would say that this is a fine hotel for the purposes of a short stay, and if I have a similar trip in the future, I would consider staying here again. I'd give it 3.5 stars instead of 3 stars if I could.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TheBoos111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Rincon,PR
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed here for 3 night's,waiting for a flight back home to the West side of Puerto Rico. We waited for about 10 minutes for the hotel van free, at Newark Airport-P4, Van driver very nice, check in fast & helpful. The hotel van will take you to the near by mall (No charge). OK food at the hotel, Great bar, with food (Ted) the bartender-Great! Nice size lobby, restaurant & bar to your left, as you walk in. We had a King size bed, flat screen TV, small bathroom, although everything you need. Desk top table, for working & Room Service. Free wireless Internet in room and lobby, slow at times (Middle of day). Gym on second floor-free. Smoking & Nonsmoking rooms. Front desk reception-Great! Thank you for a very nice stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ashley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Wyndman resorts etc. leads one to believe that they are great first class places to stay. The price seemed low, but it was a "special".( I really thought Wyndham was a Marriott type Hotel.) Seems this Wyndham, is a LOW budget place. Although it offers a bar, snack area and late night dining its rating is to high. My room was located on the first floor, and when I looked out the sliding glass window I was not pleased. The hotel safety lock did not work. The room was large but the furniture was outdated.. The sheets on the bed looked like they survived a lot of washes, and were not "crisp"..The hotel was clean and seemed well staffed...Seemed the decor was even beige boring....If price is a factor, the hotel is fine..But a Wyndham Hotel it is not..more like a motel 6......

Room Tip: Stay on a upper floor...