“Not impressed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Garden Newark Airport

Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Newark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Korean first
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Accommodations are great , with very comfortable beds and price is right, with 2 weeks of free parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

1 Thank almanj3
Saint Albans, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I arrived at the hotel, right before Sandy hit and had a hard time finding it (well I should say getting there, I could see it, but not how to get in). I do not have a GPS and had to stop at a competitor to figure out how to access the hotel. I ended up in some questionable areas. Anyhow, once there I was pleasantly surprised by the ambiance. It looks dumpy from the outside but the lobby and my room were very nice. The rooms do not come equipped with fridges or microwaves and I had some things I needed to keep cold. I asked and they did deliver a fridge (I had to tip) but there was no good place to plug it in. (I was not able to heat it up) I have stayed in much less expensive places that did have that convienence. The other thing that surprised me was there was no complimentary breakfast. You had to pay $5 for a coffee and a muffin or pay in the restaurant. Those are my only complaints. The room was nice, great flatscreen, desk and chair, and good wifi. Bed was comfy and everything was clean. No airplane noise. Also the parking lot has an attendant so I felt safe. I could not figure out how to get back on turnpike so the very nice shuttle driver (I did not get his name, but it was the am of Sun 10/28) had me follow him and was very helpful!! They were gearing up for Sandy and had letters out for people checking in and they were very hectic but overall were very nice. I would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo