$192
$93
$155
$128
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

$201
  • Breakfast included
$161
$155
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

$142
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

1,434 results
All reviewsnewark penn stationguest loungenew yorkbreakfast roomperforming arts centerhard boiled eggsfree shuttlemilitary parkpath trainshuttle servicefree breakfastprudential centerbreakfast sandwichbusiness centervisiting nychotel shuttlethe world trade center
Reviewed October 3, 2008

We stayed here for 4 nights. The rooms were spacious and clean, but you don't want one in the elevator area. It's noisy, and it'll keep you awake. We had a room opposite the elevator although i asked for a room away from it. When i asked the manager he said, "We consider this not close to the elevator." We were close to the vending- and icemachine aswell...more noice.
The breakfast is just that. The breakfast area is to small. Many people had to eat their breakfast standing. There are a couple of pc's with internetconnection guest can use for the fee of $5 p/20 min....should be free!!
The staff is helpfull, but smiling is not one of their hobbies.
The shuttle is very convenient taking people to and from the airport/Penn station.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank lelici49
Reviewed September 26, 2008

I would stay here again. The prices for hotels in NYC are outragous. We looked to find a resonable hotel just outside of the city. While this hotel offers a free shuttle to Penn Station, the train station is within walking distance. The rooms were clean, bed comfy and the price of the hotel completely resonable. The only bad thing was that we arrived during the PR festival so there was a bit of chaos. We ended up in a room next to the noisy elevator, but really didn't hear it in the evening. Parking was a little crazy, but we did not move it once we arrived.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed September 22, 2008

I can't believe how lucky I was to find this place - I was travelling to NYC on a last minute holiday and found even budget hotels in the city itself (and worse still, hostels) were priced outrageously high, more than I'd spend on a decent 3 or 4 star hotel in the UK.

I nearly gave up the trip after finding nothing further away besides motels and motor inns in less than desirable neighbourhoods. By chance I found very positive reviews for this place, with the odd concern about safety walking in the area near the hotel.

Well, firstly anyone concerned about safety here is unlikely to ever leave the house, this was in the central business district of Newark, a spotlessly tidy area of high rise office blocks. There were a few down and outs hanging around but as with any city.

What sets it apart from other Newark hotels is that rather than being in the middle of nowhere by the airport, it's in downtown Newark, 4 blocks or 5 minutes walk from the PATH station for New York City, which runs 24/7 and takes just 15-20 minutes.

Having made the walk at all possible times (including 3 or 4 am) on my own, I'm happy this hotel is safe and well located. So for access to Manhattan and NYC the price is a steal and I would stay there again at every opportunity, it makes too much sense.

But the clincher is the hotel itself, the front-desk staff (including a 24/7 security guard) are polite and friendly more than is normal in hotels of this supposed standard, they and the housekeeping staff go out of their way to be helpful and considerate.

The room itself is luxurious - I've stayed in many hotels and this was approaching 4* without a doubt, flat screen TV, fridge, huge beds, armchairs, floor to ceiling mirrors, internet ports and wifi (both free), modern tidy decor and spotlessly clean.

With the exception of checkout morning (a comfortable and very considerate noon) I actually only spent short periods there as a base to sleep after long days and nights in Manhattan, but had I wanted to, they had a bar, restaurant and gym too. Real quality.

At the price I would have to be insane to ever stay in NYC itself, even when booking well in advance. The difference in price and in particular value for money is incredible. I would like this to be my best kept secret but the hotel deserve the recommendation.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank fernandesbristol
Reviewed August 17, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times this year. I use it mainly because it is competitively priced and about 20 minutes away from NYC.

If you want to avoid the exhorbitant costs of NYC hotels this is really worth considering.

The hotel is situated in a not too pleasant area although I have not had any problems, but I really only sleep there and spend all my time in NYC so it is not a problem if you are like me.

The hotel is clean and comfortable. Each time I go there the staff are new and like most hotels around the world you get a mixture of good and poor staff, but generally I find them helpful.

There is a breakfast buffet, but do not arrive spot on time as it gets crowded and on more than one accassion the staff have not set everything up.

For arond $109 a night in the New York area it is worth considering.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2008

This hotel was very accomodating for our family trip in August. I booked the hotel through hotels.com for a non-smoking room. When we arrived we were given a smoking room. I explained to the manager that I booked a non smoking room, due to my husband's allergies to smoke. The Manager of the hotel told me he didn't have any other non smoking rooms available except a suite. So, my family and I stayed in suite for the night at no extra charge.

My family and I traveled into NY city both days and they had a free shuttle service to and from the train station. It was great especially when you are tired and just want to get to the hotel.

One advise I would give is make sure that you park at the right parking garages or you will end up with having to pay extra. The hotel took care of the extra fees because I wasn't parked in the correct garage.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. The hotel was clean and all staff were friendly and helpful. And it was a nice hotel for the money we spent. $104.00 a night.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family