We booked this hotel as a last minute option, and we chose this due to its proximity to the station as our purpose is to visit New York. Although I have read about negative feedback surrounding the hotel due to a number of homeless wandering around the vicinity, it didn't bother us since we only stay at the hotel for sleeping and if we go out, we go straight to the Train station for New York. It may not be as pleasant as outside, however, inside, it's really worth it, rooms are nice, our view is magnificent, facing Manhattan skyline, and looking from our window, the view of the sunset/sunrise is just awesome. . .
I would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely choose this again the next time we come back to New York.
TIP: choose higher floors facing manhattan, double room is so spacious as compared to Best Western hotel we tried in Paris and London.
PROS - accessibility to Newark Penn station (22 minutes travel time to World Trade Center)
- rooms are spacious and clean
- shuttle bus service to/from Newark airport or newark penn train station
CONS - Breakfast is just so-so, small place and could be crowded at times
- outside the hospital, a scenery of homeless wandering around (didn't bother us as we didn't go out the hotel
All in all, still a place for us to stay the next time we are around.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Robert Treat Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newark Robert Treat Hotel
- Best Western Newark
- Newark Best Western
- Robert Treat Newark
- Robert Treat Hotel