Hilton Newark Penn Station
$116
$97
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

$140
$107
$87
$116
$110
$101
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$123
$95
  • Pool
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

$103
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

$146
Courtyard
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

$151
$118
HotelIndigo.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $148/night.

$195
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
1,674 results
All reviewspenn stationnew yorkcovered walkwaygateway centerpath traininto nycconcierge floorthe world trade centerstreet noiseconvenient locationeasy access to nycthe executive loungeparking garagefront desk staffbusiness centerhotel restaurantairport shuttle
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've stayed at many hotels so I know what to expect. First off the price is way too much for what you get. We were charged 160 + tax for one night. For that price I expect a pool and hot tub and access to a nice neighborhood with a lot of nice places to eat. I also expect an internet or wifi connection to be included with the price. We had none of this. There was a tunnel with nice stores and some places to eat, but on a mid Saturday afternoon everything was closed except the hotel's bar and Subway. We ended up eating at a nearby Dinasaur BBQ which was ok, but it was really the only other choice we found (except for fast food at the train station).
The hotel wanted an additional 12.95 per night for wifi service. Someone is making a lot of profit on that (AT&T or the hotel).
Taxes on the room was a crazy 20 dollars thanks to NJ and Federal taxes. Could have stayed in downtown NYC for not much more and had all the amenities including excellent location.
Someone left a pair of socks by the hair dryer in the bathroom. View was terrible. Curtains wouldn't close to keep the early morning light out. There was a vent, but no working fan in the bathroom. Remote control had visible scum on it between the buttons. Beds were nice and comfortable and TV was nice. Heard police sirens twice. Not sure how common that is.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeffrey D
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We arrived from a cruise ship two days after Hurricane Sandy went through. Thank goodness we had reservations here, staying for 3 nights. Great value, economical, and right across the street from Newark Penn train station. We took the train into NY city each day for only $5. Bell hops were great, storing our luggage securely until it was time to check in. Desk staff were always courteous and helpful. We used the lobby computer to print our boarding passes, free of charge. The only hiccup was at the hotel cafe, where they dropped our entire breakfast on the floor and took another 20 minutes to cook it again, rather than offering us the buffet instead. In the evening however, the appetizers and cocktails were a great way to end the day, and the evening wait staff was super. Street noise was at a minimum, with well insulated rooms even though we faced the street. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank JOHN V
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My g/f and I were staying at the Hilton during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy here in New Jersey. It was VERY difficult to find hotel rooms since thousands of people had no power. We stayed at the Hilton last Wednesday and Thursday. (Oct. 31 and Nov. 1) The hotel was very nice. But I especially want to compliment the staff and management. They extended our stay under particularly trying circumstances...when EVERYONE was desperate to find a place to stay. I appreciated VERY much the effort the hotel staff made for us. I live very close to this hotel...about an hour away. So, it's likely I won't be staying there again. But, if there ever is a need to stay in a hotel near me...I would DEFINITELY come back to this Hilton.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here for one night as a pre-cruise hotel but we also wanted to go into Manhattan for the evening so the location is excellent. As my title sated there were absolutely no surprises and that it was I wanted. The staff was excellent, the room was very nice and the bed was great. I rated the value as average because it was more expenisve than other comparable hotels in the area but the location of the hotel was the key determining factor.

I would stay here again if I had a need to go into Manhattan again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here on the night before a cruise. Very convenient location to Penn Station for transport to Manhattan, a very quick trip. Rooms were clean, comfortable, more than adequate for an overnight stay. Front desk staff very helpfull-- began at check-in, continued through to helping find transport to the port. Very nice deli type restaurant on the walkway to the train that a great, reasonable breakfast. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends