Hilton Newark Penn Station
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
1,654 results
All reviewspenn stationnew yorkcovered walkwaygateway centerpath traininto nycconcierge floorstreet noisethe world trade centerconvenient locationeasy access to nycthe executive loungeparking garagefront desk staffbusiness centerhotel restaurantairport shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel from May 25 -28 over Memorial Day weekend. Booked on the 10th floor and had a wedding party in the next room which was quite loud, but upon talking to front desk, Alberto moved us to another room and was more than helpful. We moved back to our regular room for the remaining nights and it was very quiet, Breakfast buffet came with our room and was great as was all staff. Gave us bottles of water as we were leaving to go into town. Also have a complementary computer where you can print out your boarding passes and double check on your flight status. Walkway to Path train which will take you to WTC of 33rd St. in Manhatten, Ride is about 20 to WTC and little longer to Manhatten. Cost was 2.50 each way.
Hotel was very clean and all staff very polite and helpful. Complimentary shuttle was waiting for us when we arrived at the airport and leaves on the hour to go back to airport. Only complant was we asked for extra face clothes which we did not get on our last night and we needed a bath mat which they could not provide. There were 5 of us and 2 rooms and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were so tired from being in NYC all day that we heard nothing once we fell asleep, but ear plugs were provided.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Richie2525
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Very good hotel and convenient to city via penn station for the PATH station. Pity breakfast wasn't included in the price. The free wi-fi in the lobby was useful as i didnt want to pay for it in the room.
Why do hotels charge for wi-fi these days?!
But anyway,stay here, i would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Caerwyn
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Hotel Front Door attendant did not want us to temporarily park our car in front of the hotel while we checked in because we might be in the way when the hotel van arrived. Actually, there were four spaces assigned to hotel vans - two occupied and two unoccupied with cones. Hey, I am a guest too! Also, I would prefer the hotel staff not call me "Buddy" as that is not my name. The dirty dishes from the in-room service to the room next to us was on the carpet next to our door when we checked in and the dirty dishes were still there the next day when we checked out. We called guest services and mentioned that the tray and dishes were there but I guess no one cared about removing them.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen L
Brendan M, General Manager at Hilton Newark Penn Station, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear Stephen L,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the issues encountered by you on arrival as this will help us in our endeavor to improve our services for all our valued guests. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you faced on arrival as well as the lack of attention to detail with regards proper tray removal from the corridor of the room next to yours. I can assure you corrective action has been taken based on your feedback as we want all our guest to experience quality, variety & value in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Please let us know if there is anything further we can do for you as winning back your loyalty and trust is very important to us.

Brendan Moraes

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Downtown Newark isn't exactly the mother lode of great hotels, but this is the best I've found by far. If you arrive or leave by train, you can't beat the location, connected by covered walkway to Penn Station. It is also convenient to NYC, a fifteen minute train ride away, and to downtown Newark businesses and the Prudential Center.

My room was clean, and I had a nice view of the Passaic River. The bed was very good, and the TV has expanded channels, which I appreciated since I wanted to watch the Golf Channel during the Players Championship. The front desk staff could not have been more welcoming and pleasant.

Only negative is that WiFi connection costs $11.95 a day unless you are a Gold or Platinum member of the Hilton HHonors program. Also, several people had trouble working the elevator with their room key. The key worked in the room door but not the elevator. The street noise is rather loud, but the hotel does provide earplugs.

The hotel is close to the Ironbound District, which is Spanish/Portuguese with lots of interesting restaurants, shops and clubs. Worth the walk, and felt safe.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the view of the Passaic River.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed in this Hotel for a 4 day visit to New York,booking 2 rooms. I found the rooms to be very noisy both road noise from the busy road outside and noise from inside the Hotel.

The rooms were OK if a little dated but a long way from the best rooms I have had, in the USA.

I paid extra to upgrade to the executive floor due to the access to the free concierge lounge, however I was disappionted (and not advised prior to the booking) that the lounge was not open from Friday evening until Monday morning.

Travel into Manhattan was fairly easy using the PATH trains, but the information regarding which platform and train was very poor.
The shortest time I made it to the World Trade Center station was about 30 mins, and about 40 mins to 33rd street (after changing train), the longest times were in access of 1 hour.

The restaurant was disappionting and expensive (Fillet Steak = $35, Manhattan Outback Steakhouse Fillet Steak $25)

Bathroom was very small. No minibar/fridge in room

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for the executive floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Brendan M, General Manager at Hilton Newark Penn Station, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Dear Gandrewz,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the issues encountered by you during your stay at the Hotel. I sincerely apologize for us failing to meet and exceed your expectations at the Hotel. We do not have a minibar in the room but we do have refrigerators available on request for our guest use. As the concierge lounge is not open on weekends guests are given the option to dine in our restaurant and avail from the vast selection of food items at the breakfast buffet. We value your feedback and invite you to contact us if there is anything else we can do for you.

Brendan Moraes