“Convenient to NYC”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Convenient to NYC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

I inquired if there was a fridge in my room, the desk clerk checked, said no, but we'll put one in there. I left came back, there was a refrigerator in my room. Hotel is very clean and located right above the New Jersey transit quick trip to NYC. Also super convenient if you take the Amtrak train in.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank hiclasslady24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Clean confort room.
Stuff are so nice.
Parking is free.
I just needed sleep 4hours.
I could sleep very good.Thanks.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

Although not too impressive from the outside, this hotel was quite nice. We choose it because we did not want the hassle and expense of driving into NYC and parking there. After reading reviews stating how close this facility is to Penn Station, we booked a room for the night after our planned day in the city. I called to make sure we could park our car early in the morning of our check-in for no extra fee, and was told that was fine. So, we arrived about 8am, checked in our car (and luggage inside), and got on a train at the station. Within 25 minutes we were at the New York Penn Station. Our actual stay was good as well. Having never stayed in New Jersey, I requested a high room for as much a view as possible. We were given a room on the 10th floor, at the end of the hallway. We felt we really were given one of the best views, and very much appreciated it. Another feature we enjoyed was the hotel's connection via skywalks to other buildings. We were able to walk quite a ways without ever going outside, which felt safer, not to mention better for the weather. The walk was through business areas, but in the main path there were little places to eat. They were closing when we walked through in the early evening, but would be convenient during the day.

One other nice feature: our room had a 2nd sink outside the main bathroom door.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank civil23
Province of Trapani, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

Following a business trip in Philadelphia, grabbed the Amtrak and headed to NJ/NY for three days. I chose the Hilton Newark Penn St. for many reasons.

Some of these include:
- it's walking distance via an indoor vestibule to the Prudential center (watched a Devils game same night).
- Adjacent to Newark Penn Station - PATH to Manhattan (15 min. ride - $1.50).
- The rate is what you would pay for a 2 star dump in Manhattan itself.

As always, courteous service on check-in, affordable, quality room service and very comfortable king beds. Enjoy.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank supergaggle
Geogia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

This is not quite a report about the hotel accommodations so much as a report about Hilton and their treatment of me as I cancelled my reservation because of the awful storm called 'Irene'. The storm ended all my plans including my flight to Newark. However, I want to praise Hilton Hotels for refunding my 'non-refundable' prepaid reservation. They did not have to refund me contractually of course. However, I sincerely appreciate their kindness and will certainly go back to Hilton for my next stay in the area.

Room Tip: Always plan your trips around hurricanes
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ronstebenne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

The hotel is in a very very handy position, because it's directly connected to the Newark Penn Station. So, you can enter and exit from in directly through a tunnel, without go out.
Newark is a handy location to go and visit New York City. There are some cheaps trains from Penn Station, arriving in New York World Trade Center or New York Penn Station (Medison Square Garden).
The hotel provides you intenet connection by the lobby, or you can buy a wifi access for 10 $ per day.
We were worried in booking this hotel for the possible noises from the station. In fact some trains are listened, but not too loudy.
The breakfast is well served. The Business Center has just 2 computers and they are free only for the first twenty minutes you use them, then you have to pay by credit card.
In my opinion for how much we have payed (around 220 $ for a room for three people per night) is too expensive and they have not the services for this price.
Arriving at this hotel from Liberty International Airport in Newark, is simple, they have a free toll Shuttle Bus, departin every hour and half from the airport parking P4.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank valeria_vally
Galway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed with my family for 3 nights around end of July. This was our second visit. We were collected from airport (on the bottom of the hour ) and even though we booked a Concierge Room - we got a standard room - not a major problem. Location is great as there is a fast connection into Manhattan (WTC) for $1.75 on Path Train. Buffet breakfast is excellent - fresh squeezed orange juice and good coffee provided - the waiter even made fresh waffles for the kids without being asked. Free WiFi would have been great. What makes this hotel stand out for most hotels I stay in over the year are the employees. Without exception - all the ones I dealt with were friendly, polite, helpful and professional - 5 star service! You can see that they enjoy their work - congratulations to them and their management team for making our visit so pleasant. We will be back again next year. Thank You!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family