“Delicious Seafood!”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Ironbound
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We walked through a busy bar to the tables in the back. Shrimp with garlic appetizer was wonderful! The rolls were outrageous. Service was good. My husband enjoyed the best whole snapper he ever had! I ordered the grouper but I should have specified "filet" of grouper. I never had a steak cut of grouper before. Each plate had a generous portion of a fresh variety of veggies but no salad. Merengue was good and Portuguese pudding (creme brule) was very good. Cafe con Leche was a delicious ending to a delicious meal! Parking is free across the street, just remember to get your ticket stamped. Can't wait to go back and try the Paella and flan....

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Visited with a family group of eleven. The menu is a mixture of Portuguese and Spanish meals. Two of us had the grilled octopus which was perfectly cooked, with boiled potatoes and fresh vegetables. It was flavorful and a huge portion. The men had leitão, which was accompanied by round French fries and salad. Again, it was a large portion. Two had the Portuguese steak, full of tasty flavor and well portioned.
The kids had chicken soup and Prego no pão. They ate it all up.
For dessert we had Creme brûlée, flan, baked apple, and cookie cake. Traditional desserts that didn't disappoint.
The bill averaged $30-50 per adult (tip was included).
The one disappointment was the snobby attitude of the drink waiter.
This is a must when visiting NYC/Newark area.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

The crab (sapateira) was dry and the hand written receipt includes a tip. Nobody tells you that.

SHAME ON YOU!!!!

3  Thank Atina A
Reviewed May 3, 2014

If you like to eat portuguese style food, very well cooked, you must visit Seabra's in Newark. I typical seafood restaurant where you can find good fish, seafood or even great steaks!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband and I have been to this restaurant many many times and every single time we complain among ourselves about the service but never did anything. However this time enough is enough! I can't even begin to tell how horrible these waiters are to their customers. I find it even more difficult when I see them being extra rude to those that are not of their nationality. Their food is wonderful, their portions are huge, their prices are ok but their service - HORRIBLE!!!

Been to Seabra's Marisqueira? Share your experiences!