“Authentic Cuisine!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seabra's Marisqueira

Seabra's Marisqueira
Ranked #5 of 568 Restaurants in Newark
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: North Ironbound
Morristown, New Jersey
“Authentic Cuisine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

This place is unbelievable! I ordered the platter that see you pictured for me and my 6' 3" husband. It was so delicious! We went on a Saturday evening and it was packed when we arrived and remained that way until we left at around 10 p.m. It's a small restaurant so plan on sitting closely with strangers. Good thing they have a bar because they use it to seat their guests for dinner. Upon seating, you are treated with portugese rolls and an assortment of fried foods: octopus and potatoe balls. Very tasty! Plan on waiting for your entrees because of all the people they have to serve. This is worth waiting in line for. Go early to beat the crowd (5 - 6 pm).

• Visited February 2013

Maplewood, New Jersey
“Has Been”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

How disappointed I am in my recent trip to Seabras. I have been coming here for over ten years. Tonight, after an extended hiatus we returned. Prices up, portions down, quality: out the window. I guess they figure that they can ride their reputation for the near future. But, it will catch up to them. Please, boys, go back to how it used to be, or I will never return. There are other restaurants in this neighborhood, but I am afraid that they are all offering the same shortfalls and misses. I hope that Seabras gets back to basics now that they are rotten with money.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Edison, New Jersey
“Yum Yum Yummie!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

If the only reason to come to this restaurant were the food, it would be 100% worth it!!! But it offers a lot more, like a wrap around bar where you can try the usual and not so...try the little fried fish head on, its amazing! The shrimp is delicious, the bartender will mix the sauce right in front of you. The copper pot seafood dinner is big enough for 2-3 people and will make you want more and more...one of the best appetizers is the grilled octopus:) The sea snails, although not for everyone, is something to try;) The atmosphere is festive!!!
ps try the Portuguese bottled beer

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank D_Edison
Holmdel, New Jersey
“Family restaurant serving good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We went there last night without a reservation and were seated rigth away. But beware! It was 5:00 PM! When we left at 8:00PM the place was crowded and there was a line of people waiting to be seated. The service is okay and expect to be forgotten by your waiter. The food was good: my husband had perfectly grilled cod with tasty vegetables. I had pork with rice and vegetables and it was very good. The portions are big, so you can share if you are not too hungry. For dessert we had "Serradura" and "Ricotta Ice Cream with Almonds": excellent! The restaurant is a simple place where families gather with parents, grandparents, and children (all well behaved). I felt as if I were in Portugal. There is free parking across the street on weekends, and on weekdays too with a two hour limit. We spent a little over $78.00 including a bottle of a good Portuguese wine.

• Visited December 2012
ny/nj
“seafood is supreme here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I shared the seafood platter for 2 and it was massive! everything was delicious. our table shared a bunch of appetizers, chorizo, octopus,garlic shrimp,calimari, all were delicious. Everyone enjoyed their dinner, the service was great, also there is a parking lot across the street, which if you know Ironbound area, it helps especially if parallel parking isn't one part of your skill set !

• Visited November 2012