“Great for pre-theater, but food is mediocre”
Review of Theater Square Grill - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Newark Central Business District
Cross street: Mulberry Street
Transit: Newark Light Rail
Reviewed February 9, 2011

We went to the Bistro section of the Theater Grill before a show at NJPAC. It was wonderful to get to NJPAC before the crowds and unwind in the restaurant, which is right in the building with the theater. Reservations are absolutely necessary. We were seated immediately and had very good service. The restaurant manager even offered to pick up my tickets at the box office for me while we had dinner - very nice! Food was just ok. I wouldn't go out of my way for it, and you do pay for the location and convenience. I would do it again though, just to start off a special evening in a relaxed and pleasant manner.

Reviewed October 20, 2009

Went there to save time and convenience on way to great show in NJPAC.on 10/16/09 .Felt like I got trapped by time and location.
Beautiful atmosphere. Wait staff is friendly they greet you niceley and then they NEVER check up on you. Some bus boy throws your meal down. Seriously - If you are looking to spend a lot of money in a nice atmosphere - you might like this place.....but it is overpriced, overcooked, overrated, and the nportions are undersized Go to Spain or Fornos or one of those placed. Bon Appetit!

1  Thank Bill D
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Excellent food. Great Experience!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook