“Good eats in the Ironbound”
Review of Spanish Tavern

Spanish Tavern
Ranked #2 of 600 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Ironbound
Reviewed March 6, 2014

There are a zillion restaurants in the "neck" or Ironbound section of Newark, and I must say that this is one of my favorites!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

A great and varied menu..not all hard core Spanish either. Had some of the best lamb chops ever.

Impeccable and friendly service...in a semi fancy but not stuffy setting.

And no a bad price!

1  Thank Amen9
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Let me start by saying I've been to this restaurant about fifteen times. And every time that I've eaten there has been terrific. The regular menu is always good, but the specials, are just perfect. Whether its the hangar steak, chicken, or any of the shrimp specials, they are perfect every time. I have been to most of the restaurants in the Iron bound section of Newark and I have to say they are one of the best. I think there main competition is probably Fornos, but both are great places to eat. One extra bonus is that if you are a Devils Hockey Fan, its a great place to eat before the game. They let you keep your car in their lot until the game is over if you eat there. That's a savings of 25 dollars on parking, and its very safe. Just a Great place. Enjoy.

1  Thank barfoot164
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We were suggested by a couple that I met on a plane the other day...they were right! We were treated so well and the server (Eduardo) was the greatest! This is a definite repeat performance...try the Paella Valenciana, awesome!!

3  Thank G David K
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was pack on a Saturday night, they honored our 8pm reservation. The staff is very professional and warm. Enjoyed all of our dishes and look forward to returning!