“Also scammed by OTG Management with multiple credit card charges”
Review of Saison

Saison
Ranked #367 of 648 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: French
Reviewed January 27, 2016

I did not know about the credit card scamming going on at United dining establishments run by OTG Management.

Avoid United terminal restaurants as this seems to be a recurring scam there. While dining there for a meal during a layover, my credit card was overcharged six times. Two of the amounts were refunded, but FOUR of the charges still went through. All were about 30-35 dollars, but only one of them was true. The other three are fake charges. Also used the iPad payment method at the restaurant.

It seems like OTG Managements continues to do this to unsuspecting customers. I cannot believe that this continues to go on with multiple reports and no changes or investigations made on these fraudulent charges.

Avoid if you don't want to be scammed.

6  Thank blankspace11

Reviewed January 16, 2016

We just ordered something simple. You order from a tablet. We did not have a bad experience, and the waiter was helpful, but I would not rely on my review. Check out the others - I did and was disturbed by what I read. Seems the food is good but the management is incredibly poor, preying on unsuspecting, stressed travelers.... We must have gone in Jan. 2015 (but Trip Advisor doesn't plan for us laggards...) :)

1  Thank PaulyJ201
Reviewed January 15, 2016

I'm reviewing my credit card statement (which I highly recommend doing after finding a duplicate charge for our entire bill), and then seeing all of these reviews??? This place should be shut down. I am reporting them to the better business bureau. This is stealing.

1  Thank Regina B
Reviewed January 5, 2016 via mobile

Truly unexpected. The guy next to us ordered a steak and it looked really good. We asked him how it was, and he said it was surprisingly very good. So we started to question our order of roasted chicken. Probably a very good chance it will be over cooked and dry, especially since we're in the airport, right? Boy, where we surprised. The chicken was juicy and tender. The skin was crisp. Never reviewed a restaurant in an airport before, but I had to mention this one!

Reviewed December 27, 2015

BEWARE !!! Beware of your money. They have a tactic. People are in and out catching flights and drinking, so they expect you not to notice extra money charged to your card.

Raoul the bartender told me tip can't be added, tip must be in cash. So I gave him $20 cash tip. Good thing I checked my bank statement immediately through my bank's app, because I was overcharged $60, including $18 gratuity, upsell double charged on double shots on drinks I never asked for, and charged for wine that was offered on the house to my mom. When brought to their attention, Raoul said he gave her a large pour and that's why he charged for 2 glasses of wine (we're talking $30 here), the pour was not large and regardless it was offered on the house !! Plus he tried to convince me that my mother ordered a drink before I got there. This bartender is a liar & a thief. There were doubles & add-ons all over the bill trying to sneak as money off of me as possible.

It took the manager 30 minutes to figure this out (good thing my flight was delayed) and it was such poor management & bad vibes. I'll bet the manager stood in the back hoping my flight was leaving soon & that I'd just give up and leave. I have managed before, what kind of manager doesn't know how to look up a transaction that happened 10 minutes prior? Truly they're all in this together and don't care about right from wrong.

Another waitress there convinced me that all was correct. There was an additional $25 charged to my card after I left. Shame on all of you, this is my hard earned money! Bad karma is coming your way!

I've never experienced such scumbaggery at a restaurant before. Too bad the Pat LaFreida burgers were amazing, what a shame for the food to be overshadowed by this nonsense. I now have to dispute this charge with my bank. Thanks to this restaurant I have lost my faith in humanity.

8  Thank Miss_Ames

Been to Saison? Share your experiences!