“The Place”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North Ironbound
“The Place”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is the place for all Spainish food... The seafood is delicious and always fresh... The staff is formal but very helpful. The prices are great and you get value for you money. The only issue is that the place needs a renovation.

York Beach, Maine
“Fantastic Sea Food...”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The seafood was fantastic. The flavors and aromas of the food were incredible and the servings were quite large. The Marascose was delicious. All in my party enjoyed the sangria.

The establishment reminded me of a grand old lady that just needs a bit of updating. The menus were worn and torn and the whole restaurant needs some TLC.

Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Simple ok, with half our meals edible”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had dinner at Spain Saturday August 18th about 5pm. The place is old world attractive with gorgeous tiles on the walls. The food was a little pricey for the area, but the four of us ordered the stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer - which was fine for us. My husband loved the bread. All the dishes are big enough to share. My husband ordered sirloin steak medium rare with Spanish chips. The steak was enormous - enough to feed all of us -- but it was beyond overdone, tough and impossible to chew. My cousin's Paella was fantastic with each clam, mussel, shrimp and lobster tasting incredibly fresh. My uncle in contrast has octopus which was rubbery and tasteless. I probably had the best dish of the night -- which fed 3 of us -- the shrimp with garlic sauce with rice. With tax/ tip & soda the bill was $160 with only half of the food edible. I would probably go back and stick with the shrimp, but I'm not sure the chef should be cooking steak.

Euless, Texas
“Spain restaurant - a decent choice”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Spain we visited on a Monday night. Light crowd and convenient to NJ Penn station. The food was good and the portions huge. We ordered the Sirloin steak. This is a 3lb steak!!! No way you can finish the meal. Food was good and again huge portions - worth the visit

Visited April 2012
New York City, New York
“An expensive stomach ache”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Tried this place 7 years ago with my, now, husband. We shared a chicken dish at the time. It was dry and tasteless then, and quite pricey for the amateur food. But I thought that we were in the wrong for ordering a chicken dish in a seafood restaurant. Well, 7 years later, I sat down at this restaurant last night with my husband and in-laws and decided to order one of my favorite foods of all time,... Mussels! Thinking, 'how could I possibly go wrong with that', I really had no idea how bad this dinner was going to be. These fist sized mussels were place before me in a tasteless 'green', (rather grey) sauce. I opened my first mussel and was greeted with a mouthful of sand. 'It happens', I thought and broke into another mussel. Three mussels later, I just gave up and returned the dish. My throat hurt from all the sand I attempted to spit out and my stomach was starting to turn. No apologies from the wait staff, they just took it away without saying a word. Tried my husband's crab stuffed scallop dish, (which should have been called crab-imitation stuffed scallop), it was so greasy and heavy, and so salty! This place was absolutely disgusting! They may dress their waitstaff in cheap Tux's, but I think a lesson in customer service is more needed. And I can't believe they've been, for this long, serving up poorly prepared "food"-I guess I'll call it? Not that I like the guy, but maybe Chef Ramsey should pay this place a visit, just so I can see them get a kick in the pants on national TV.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank ShadOcat

Been to Spain Restaurant? Share your experiences!