“Veal & Mozzerella”

Forno's of Spain Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Forno's of Spain Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 600 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Ironbound
Cross street: Union Street
Transit: We are located a two blocks away from Newark Penn Station and New Jersey Transit, which is walking distance.
Description: Fornos of Spain is an award winning Spanish restaurant located in Newark. For an authentic taste of fine Spanish dining, we welcome you to Fornos! **We now provide pickup and return shuttle services to all hotel guests in the Newark area. All guests have to do is call the restaurant. Monday-Thursday, 5pm - 11pm.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Large pieces of veal smothered in mozzarella with side dishes of rice, vegetable, and chips. despite your appetite this meals with satisfy the beast of hunger. Chase it with a little sangria or your favorite wine and you're in heaven on earth.

3  Thank bg0

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Went for dinner on a Friday night (date night with my wife) before a Devil's game. We had about an hour before the game so decided on a nice meal as opposed to they typical grag-and-go foods around the Prudential Center.

Immediately upon sitting down, you are treated to complientart fresh house salad, garlic bread, olives, before you even place your order. We had a pitcher of red sangria which was one of the best i have ever had, not watery or weak like many of the other restaurants in the area.

I odered the Mariscada Fornos (red sauce with seafood) and my wife ordered the Lamb chops special. Served as side dishes were steamed broccoli, potato "chips) - portugese style and saffron frice. The mariscada was absolutely the best i have ever had. Full of large scallops, shrimp, clams, sweet mussels and half a lobster. I couldn't finish it all. My wife (who "wasn't hungry" ate every bit of the lamb chops and i didn't even get a bite... i ordered an after-dinner cocktail which was delicious and huge in portion size.

The servce was excellent. This is the best of the local Portuguese restaurants.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Brought a group of 40 during a bus trip. Forno's exceeded everyone's expectations. The servers were ever present, refilling food and beverages, including non stop sangria. I could not get my guests to leave for our next stop. Thank you!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

On Saturday April 5,2014 a group of about twenty friends and family celebrated my nephews birthday at Fornos.I I had never eaten there although I live in the city. I knew that the food had to be good because most of the people in the party are very familiar with this resturant ( they travel from Philadelphia , southern New Jersey and New York several times a year just to dine at Fornos). This eatery is located in an area near Penn St.
The menu offered an array of foods ( chops, poultry, beef and fish) soups, salads and fresh vegetables were also offered. The average meal ran under $30. Well I ordered the grilled red snapper .It came with fresh steamed veggies and yellow rice. My meal was delicious!! However, I was tempted to sample ever dish that passed our table. Secure, easy to get to, free valet parking. It was my first visit but it won't be my last!!!

1  Thank Keepitmoving828
Reviewed April 5, 2014

By looking at the great reviews, we decided to try this restaurant when in the area. It was amazing! Food, service, ambiance, all terrific. The food was beyond wonderful, the portions more than generous. The setting was a surprise. There was on-site parking, a little courtyard, and really nicely decorated spaces, not at all what I expected in Newark!! We will DEFINITELY come again!