“Impressive”

Forno's of Spain Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Forno's of Spain Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 585 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Ironbound
Cross street: Union Street
Transit: We are located a two blocks away from Newark Penn Station and New Jersey Transit, which is walking distance.
Description: Fornos of Spain is an award winning Spanish restaurant located in Newark. For an authentic taste of fine Spanish dining, we welcome you to Fornos! **We now provide pickup and return shuttle services to all hotel guests in the Newark area. All guests have to do is call the restaurant. Monday-Thursday, 5pm - 11pm.
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Impressive”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I absolutely love this place. We've become regulars there since visiting for the first time a year ago. The food is amazing and the service is excellent! My husband and I love this place so much that this is where is asked me to marry him! :-). We've been there twice since his proposal in November and will be going back again tomorrow night for my son's birthday. I obviously highly recommend Forno's.

• Visited February 2013

Conwy, United Kingdom
“Amazing Spanish food in a less than amazing part of town!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Having some time to kill before my flight, I walked down Ferry Street from the Amtrack Station. Pretty dodgy part of town - bargain stores, homeless folks panhandling etc. There are a few restaurants but they looked not great until I passed Forno's. Inside there is an inviting bar with friendly barmen, so I parked and ordered some chorizo in red wine, followed by stuffed squid. OMG, apart from the portion sizes (which were huge), the food was fantastic. A must try.

• Visited March 2013
“Incredible !!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is my favorite place to eat in Newark! The service is incredible.... Food is fantastic.... The staff is over the top!! Love it!

Newark, NJ
“Spanish food fit for King Juan Carlos!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

A group of us went late one dreary weekday night. This place has a soft environment without clatter - only a low hum of voices. Our table was in the middle of the large dining room. Seated near us was a table of guys who looked like NFL players eating 4 lb. lobsters. We ordered time tested classics like paella, bacalao (dried salted cod), and grilled pork chops. Don't be afraid to ask for something you want here -- they are very accommodating.

Every dish is cooked to order, so the wait is longer than McDonald's and costs much more, and well worth it. They bring salad for the table to share and piles of fresh bread. Entrees are put on the table to allow for tasting each other's dishes. We all enjoyed our food. One of our group owns a "hot" West Village restaurant, and he was happy as a clam!

Waiters and busboys never miss a beat in providing constant service. We were the last table to leave and never felt rushed.

• Visited January 2013
Los Angeles California
“It had a good rating on the Zagat and tripadvisor, but we were disappointed”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The salad and bread came out right away and were good. The food took forever and was only okay. The halibut was fine but not outstanding. Scallops and paella were somewhat disappointing.

Visited February 2013